Home

Really... Are you Serious?

This is a discussion on Really... Are you Serious? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 11:18 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Really... Are you Serious?

Alright, I'm playing as the Cardinals and I go up 14-0. I eventually let the Steelers come back 14-14 and it's late fourth quarter; they've used all three time outs and instead of kicking the field goal with 30 seconds left I let the clock run to two. I call my time out and kick the field goal, but wait, I get a holding penalty.

Quarter over, we go into overtime. Third and eleven, I throw the ball 30 yards deep to Breaston, no one around him, boom, he drops the ball, never even got touched. Punt the Ball, and eventually they throw it to Hines Ward who breaks three tackles to get the touchdown on win.

I have a couple questions, if there is a holding call doesn't the clock stop? I should have won there, that's stupid. Number two, does anyone else notice that using X to Tackle does absolutely nothing? My players just bounce off when I use that, Number three, any tips on passing? I just can't seem to get it down with the new speed. Other then that, this is a very good game from what I've seen, but nothing pissed me off more then eventually losing because of some stupid holding call.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2009, 11:21 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: Really... Are you Serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucicren
I have a couple questions, if there is a holding call doesn't the clock stop? I should have won there, that's stupid. Number two, does anyone else notice that using X to Tackle does absolutely nothing? My players just bounce off when I use that, Number three, any tips on passing? I just can't seem to get it down with the new speed. Other then that, this is a very good game from what I've seen, but nothing pissed me off more then eventually losing because of some stupid holding call.
#1)
If you get a holding penalty at the end of a game like that, I believe there is a 10-second clock run off, which would mean the game is over. The game can't end on a defensive penalty. It can, however, end on an offensive one.

#2)
I don't use X so can't help you there.

#3)
Yeah...throw it to the guy that's open.

PS - Sorry answers 2 & 3 weren't that helpful. Hopefully #1 was though.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:29 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
#1)
If you get a holding penalty at the end of a game like that, I believe there is a 10-second clock run off, which would mean the game is over. The game can't end on a defensive penalty. It can, however, end on an offensive one.

#2)
I don't use X so can't help you there.

#3)
Yeah...throw it to the guy that's open.

PS - Sorry answers 2 & 3 weren't that helpful. Hopefully #1 was though.
Yeah I didn't know that about the Holding Call so from now on I'll kick my field goals at fifteen seconds haha. Thank you very much for that information, I try to use both X and Hit Stick because if you hit stick I believe I hard you miss more tackles, and X is supposed to be the sure fire tackle, but my guys honestly bounce off the other players, it's becoming aggravating.

Old 07-24-2009, 11:29 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Alright, I'm playing as the Cardinals and I go up 14-0. I eventually let the Steelers come back 14-14 and it's late fourth quarter; they've used all three time outs and instead of kicking the field goal with 30 seconds left I let the clock run to two. I call my time out and kick the field goal, but wait, I get a holding penalty.

Quarter over, we go into overtime. Third and eleven, I throw the ball 30 yards deep to Breaston, no one around him, boom, he drops the ball, never even got touched. Punt the Ball, and eventually they throw it to Hines Ward who breaks three tackles to get the touchdown on win.

Heres a few tips on passing.

1.When you pick your play have an idea who you wanna throw to as your main rec.Try to read the defense to see if there blitzing or not as well.

2.Watch the safetys before and after the snap to get an idea of how the coverage is playing you.

3.Make sure you figure out how to throw the ball away when no one is open because its better to lose a down then take a huge sack that kills the your drive.

Those are just a few basic tips for ya.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:33 AM   #5
Rookie

I'm surprised this hasn't been locked and told to be put into the Demo Impressions thread, like all the other 999999999999999 threads that have been closed today.

Oakland Raiders - 2009 (0-0) Franchise (0-0)

Looking for a solid PS3 Madden league, click Below!!

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ll-league.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2009, 11:34 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRAIDERS20
I'm surprised this hasn't been locked and told to be put into the Demo Impressions thread, like all the other 999999999999999 threads that have been closed today.
This is not really an Impression thread, I asked a question and told a story, and then simply put in one line that I liked the game so far.

Old 07-24-2009, 11:37 AM   #7
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18

We know you did Lucicren, but this thread won't be up too long,it will be told to move into the impressions thread....Or they may sticky a new Thread called "Madden 10 Tips/Hints" and tell you to move it there.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:37 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
This is not really an Impression thread, I asked a question and told a story, and then simply put in one line that I liked the game so far.
Oh I agree with you, it just seems like the Mods feel everything needs to be lumped into that one thread.

Oakland Raiders - 2009 (0-0) Franchise (0-0)

Looking for a solid PS3 Madden league, click Below!!

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ll-league.html
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »