Home

madden community what do you really want?

This is a discussion on madden community what do you really want? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2009, 12:05 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
madden community what do you really want?

after playing the demo, i noticed a few things i was unaware about, i also came across this voting poll:
Possibly controversial decision...would like your votes.
I am starting to realize that many gamers in the madden community actually prefer less control of the game rather than more control. with threads on topics such as RC, run/pass commit, lead blocking control, etc it becomes obvious that players dont want to play the game themselves, they'd rather have the computer do it? ive now become aware that some of the features in madden that i feel have improved the users control of the game such as lead blocking, playmakers, run/pass commit have been stripped from the game, i admit lead blocking was over effective but that doesnt mean take it out completely, maybe just tweak it, it gave the user the ability to take control of every player on offense, whats next? no ability to manually user catch on O too, or maybe no more hit stick? or maybe this will completely satisify the majority of the madden community....no usering at all!! just pick a play and let the computer do all the work right? might as well. in a game where so many factors contribute to the outcome of a game, i believe the users ability to control the outcome has been significantly lessened, on O there are 10 other position besides the qb!!! i can only control the qb though??? this is not a knock towards EA, they're just giving the fans what they ask for, and i see that after seeing this poll, so madden community, you really need to realize your taking away control of the game with all your complaints. its like playing live or a baseball game and only being able to control your point guard on Offense or your pitcher on defense, doesnt make sense.

Last edited by seven-0-seven; 07-24-2009 at 12:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2009, 12:07 PM   #2
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: madden community what do you really want?

I want this thread closed or moved to the ONLY Madden DEMO thread for any and all comments...........
Old 07-24-2009, 12:26 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 7

I think you're terribly confused with wanting less control vs. wanting a realistic game.

The lead blocker is terrible... you could play the FB 100% of the time, and MAYBE 50% the RB would even follow you... it was ridiculous and useless. The only purpose it served was to be able to pancake someone... and if you'd rather run around knocking people down, than play a game of football, go buy a WWE game.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:35 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadeion
I think you're terribly confused with wanting less control vs. wanting a realistic game.

The lead blocker is terrible... you could play the FB 100% of the time, and MAYBE 50% the RB would even follow you... it was ridiculous and useless. The only purpose it served was to be able to pancake someone... and if you'd rather run around knocking people down, than play a game of football, go buy a WWE game.
thats where yours, and others in the madden comm have a problem, you want a realistic game?? watch the NFL on sundays, its always a bad thing when you give more of the outcome of a game to the computer rather than the user. its a VIDEO GAME, how come I cant play the video game to the point that i can control as many aspects of it as possible?? because you guys want a "sim" game, news flash, this years madden will probalby be mor glitchy than all the others, i played and found soooo many glitches and unstoppable routs its ridiculous
Old 07-24-2009, 12:43 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by seven-0-seven
thats where yours, and others in the madden comm have a problem, you want a realistic game?? watch the NFL on sundays, its always a bad thing when you give more of the outcome of a game to the computer rather than the user. its a VIDEO GAME, how come I cant play the video game to the point that i can control as many aspects of it as possible?? because you guys want a "sim" game, news flash, this years madden will probalby be mor glitchy than all the others, i played and found soooo many glitches and unstoppable routs its ridiculous
If you want to control every little thing and want lead blocker, go play a different game. Why should Madden (the closest thing we have to a sim game, unfortunately), cater you people who want to play a Backbreaker style? They are two different games, you say you should be able to play the type of game YOU want, well how about you stop being a damn hypocrite, because I should be able to play the type of game I want, too, which doesn't include lead blocker.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2009, 12:47 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 10

I don't mind it being removed.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:49 PM   #7
MVP

Keirik's Arena

OVR: 16

Here's what the Madden community wants...

.....the kids on summer vacation to stop joining the site days ago and creating threads with the intention of instigating nonsense.

/end
Old 07-24-2009, 12:50 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by seven-0-seven
after playing the demo, i noticed a few things i was unaware about, i also came across this voting poll:
Possibly controversial decision...would like your votes.
I am starting to realize that many gamers in the madden community actually prefer less control of the game rather than more control. with threads on topics such as RC, run/pass commit, lead blocking control, etc it becomes obvious that players dont want to play the game themselves, they'd rather have the computer do it? ive now become aware that some of the features in madden that i feel have improved the users control of the game such as lead blocking, playmakers, run/pass commit have been stripped from the game, i admit lead blocking was over effective but that doesnt mean take it out completely, maybe just tweak it, it gave the user the ability to take control of every player on offense, whats next? no ability to manually user catch on O too, or maybe no more hit stick? or maybe this will completely satisify the majority of the madden community....no usering at all!! just pick a play and let the computer do all the work right? might as well. in a game where so many factors contribute to the outcome of a game, i believe the users ability to control the outcome has been significantly lessened, on O there are 10 other position besides the qb!!! i can only control the qb though??? this is not a knock towards EA, they're just giving the fans what they ask for, and i see that after seeing this poll, so madden community, you really need to realize your taking away control of the game with all your complaints. its like playing live or a baseball game and only being able to control your point guard on Offense or your pitcher on defense, doesnt make sense.
Before you think about posting again you should learn how to space. Im not going to bother reading this, thread will probaly be locked soon anyway.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »