Home

Madden graphics problem I'm having...

This is a discussion on Madden graphics problem I'm having... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2009, 02:24 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Madden graphics problem I'm having...

UPDATE: FIXED! Thanks to Moegames. Sharpness level on my tv was waaaaay too high.

If this is the wrong forum to be asking this, I apologize. Right now I have my xbox connected to a 42 inch Philips 1080p LCD via component cables. The screen resolution/clarity in Madden looks really off, like the refresh rate is too high, too crisp, and it's adding like a white outline and major jaggies to players. Anybody else have this? I realize it's probably a quick fix, but I'm used to Madden 08 on the PC where I could just up the resolution and AA.

I have my PC hooked to my tv via a DVI to HDMI adapter. Sometimes when I select the output for the PC it'll have the same looking screen, but if I bring the tv menu up and then back out of it, somehow the tv does an automatic adjustment that makes the screen look nice.

So I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong with my xbox. I have the HD switch selected and 1080p settings selected in the console settings. I've tried 1080i and 720 but they look the same. Should I try connecting the xbox to my PC monitor via another HDMI to DVI adapter? Since I have my monitor also running through my LCD, maybe that will solve my issue? I also have an extra HDMI cable and I tried hooking my xbox up using that and even that looks the same. I'm stuck. Any ideas would be really appreciated! The demo is really sweet and if I can fix this problem I'll be glued to Madden on the 14th! Thanks.

Last edited by Mainer; 07-24-2009 at 07:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2009, 02:41 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 22
Re: Madden graphics problem I'm having...

Turn your contrast/picture down on that tv bro..i guarantee thats whats doing it. Alot of people think jacking up the contrast or picture settings makes the game look better but in reality it ruins it...besides its loads better with that setting down...although it may take you a few days to get use to..its way better, if you want it a tad brighter, simply use the "brightness" settings. And never use vivid settings if your tv has it..

Also if that dont work..you got the sharpness way too high..adding artificial artifacts around the image is what sharpness really does to the image ...its a fake sharpness effect when turned too high.

Last edited by Moegames; 07-24-2009 at 02:46 PM.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:43 PM   #3
Rookie

PuddleMonkey's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainer
my xbox

Found the problem ^^^^
Old 07-24-2009, 02:51 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuddleMonkey
Found the problem ^^^^
Sorry, I figured the "360" was implied.

Moegames- Thanks, I'll mess around with those settings. I tried some of that last night but it seemed like all it did was turn down the brightness and didn't really get ride of the jaggies/smooth the textures out.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:55 PM   #5
Rookie

PuddleMonkey's Arena

Quote:
It was
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2009, 02:57 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:

Moegames- Thanks, I'll mess around with those settings. I tried some of that last night but it seemed like all it did was turn down the brightness and didn't really get ride of the jaggies/smooth the textures out.
Yeah he's saying that the 360 sucks. He really is an *** in all of his posts today I guess.

Oakland Raiders - 2009 (0-0) Franchise (0-0)

Looking for a solid PS3 Madden league, click Below!!

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ll-league.html
Old 07-24-2009, 02:59 PM   #7
Rookie

PuddleMonkey's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRAIDERS20
Yeah he's saying that the 360 sucks. He really is an *** in all of his posts today I guess.
I see you're still bitter.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:02 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

What a lovely day today, wouldn't you say? I'm glad to see that everybody is so cheerful.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »