Home

Man Coverage is NOT Overeffective in the Demo

This is a discussion on Man Coverage is NOT Overeffective in the Demo within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 08:02 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Man Coverage is NOT Overeffective in the Demo

After how God-awful man was in Madden 09....I cant believe there is this big of an outcry that the man defense is "too good" now.

The only reason that is being said is that people are used to certain routes being 100% automatic in Madden against man coverage. Yes....out routes, in routes, double move routes, slants, etc. should all be EFFECTIVE against man, but not to the degree theyve always been in Madden.

I see these you tube vids of a DB guessing right and jumping an out route and I think.....HOW THE HELL IS THAT A BAD THING?! I even went back into the demo and tested the man coverage again, and it still is possible to hit out routes in man...its just not 100% automatic anymore. No need to complain about that.

EA Devs: you did a good job with the man coverage so dont listen to those telling you to turn it down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2009, 08:13 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Man Coverage is NOT Overeffective in the Demo

its not about the end results its how that results happen i think people get mad. no ones mad that defender jump routes but if they not looking at the ball and have there back turn and jump the routes way before the offensive begins to cut, THATS the issue
Old 07-24-2009, 08:27 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by deloz
After how God-awful man was in Madden 09....I cant believe there is this big of an outcry that the man defense is "too good" now.

The only reason that is being said is that people are used to certain routes being 100% automatic in Madden against man coverage. Yes....out routes, in routes, double move routes, slants, etc. should all be EFFECTIVE against man, but not to the degree theyve always been in Madden.

I see these you tube vids of a DB guessing right and jumping an out route and I think.....HOW THE HELL IS THAT A BAD THING?! I even went back into the demo and tested the man coverage again, and it still is possible to hit out routes in man...its just not 100% automatic anymore. No need to complain about that.

EA Devs: you did a good job with the man coverage so dont listen to those telling you to turn it down.
Ditto.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:57 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoHouse2814
its not about the end results its how that results happen i think people get mad. no ones mad that defender jump routes but if they not looking at the ball and have there back turn and jump the routes way before the offensive begins to cut, THATS the issue
I actually saw the oppositte in the demo. I hated this last year, when the db or lb would have their back to the play and magically turn around at the last second to make the pick. However, when playing the demo I haven't seen this. I have only played a couple of games, so it could be the same. I hope this is not the case, and what I have seen so far is indicative of the game.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:46 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 9

From my experience playing the demo on All-Pro, the DB AI is horrible. Certain routes cause the DB's to freeze in place for several seconds, allowing the WR to be wide open. Man Coverage is awful.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2009, 09:54 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by deloz
I see these you tube vids of a DB guessing right and jumping an out route and I think.....HOW THE HELL IS THAT A BAD THING?!
Listen, when CB's run the route before the WR runs the route that is unrealistic.

The way the man coverage has been implemented this year is a big improvement, and the "results" are more realistic. The only problem is the way they get the results.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:48 PM   #7
Pro

FinnZzgo's Arena

OVR: 11

man coverage is alot better this year ,thanks
Old 07-24-2009, 10:52 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

Man coverage is the way it should be. When people actaully play against a human opponent I think they will love it. Now playing against All-Madden I can't get any of my WR's open, Witten is taken out of the game by fatty Antonio Pierce, hell he is psychic. I run a deep post he jumps it, I run a deep corner he jumps it, a 5 yard hook lol he jumps it.
NFL Dallas Cowboys:T-New,#31 Roy Williams
MLB Toronto Blue Jays:Carlos Delgado,Rick Ankiel
NHL St.Louis Blues:Keith Tkachuk,T.J. Oshie
NBA GSt. Warriors:Antawn Jamison, Steven Jackson
USA Soccer Oguchi Onyewu
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »