Home

The Video Threads (Please Read)

This is a discussion on The Video Threads (Please Read) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 12:04 AM   #1
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46
The Video Threads (Please Read)

Hey everyone,

I really didn't want to have to address this, but it seems like it is time.

The video threads end. Now. If you make a short clip of a glitch, or a short video of something you like, good. Post it in an impressions thread, or wherever it needs to go. No more 5-10 minute video threads with your commentary on the world and your views on Madden.

You want your voice heard? Type it out.

It started with one guy, and it was okay. Now it's getting to the point where anybody with a webcam or camcorder is just throwing videos up and posting them here. It's not doing anything but cluttering the forums, and every time they are posted it turns into a 20 page battle of "The video is right" and "no, the video is crap".

Well, as of now, it's done. I don't want to have to turn of HTML in the forums, but I will if necessary (Yeah, I can stop embedding of videos).

I'm asking that you guys do this in order to keep this place cleaner. You can criticize or praise Madden all you want, but the video threads are becoming too much as of late, unfortunately.

Thanks
Millennium

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2009, 12:13 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: The Video Threads (Please Read)

You call a post with a video embedded in it clutter, yet if I were to type out a big long paragraph explaining a glitch, it would take up the same amount of space as it would to show people what you are talking about. So either way someone chooses to express something, it is going to take up identical space. So............
Old 07-25-2009, 12:14 AM   #3
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankbl
You call a post with a video embedded in it clutter, yet if I were to type out a big long paragraph explaining a glitch, it would take up the same amount of space as it would to show people what you are talking about. So either way someone chooses to express something, it is going to take up identical space. So............
You put it in the impressions thread, not it's own thread like the videos have been coming up the last week.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 07-25-2009, 12:18 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
You put it in the impressions thread, not it's own thread like the videos have been coming up the last week.
Fair enough. Once we are passed this demo phase and the finished product is in everyone's hands, the demo thread should be locked away, and in it's place, a Video Thread should be opened. All vids and vid discussions/debated could go there.
Old 07-25-2009, 12:20 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
What exactly is the rest of the forum for then?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2009, 12:30 AM   #6
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbrown88
What exactly is the rest of the forum for then?
Discussion of the game, development, and for users to be able to gather the most information on the upcoming game.

Guys, I know you are getting technical, but everyone sees what has been happening to this forum. A video gets posted, and it becomes a bloodsport in the thread. That's not how OS works, and until things calm down, I'm stopping the cause.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 07-25-2009, 12:52 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Discussion of the game, development, and for users to be able to gather the most information on the upcoming game.

Guys, I know you are getting technical, but everyone sees what has been happening to this forum. A video gets posted, and it becomes a bloodsport in the thread. That's not how OS works, and until things calm down, I'm stopping the cause.
Ok fine... lol. gotta say, that last line goes perfectly with your pic lol.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:28 AM   #8
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Thanks Mill! It was getting out of hand. I also think they're should be some kind of overall rating before you can start a thread. Most of the ones started are by people that have 1 - 10 posts, and the thread is usually about something already being talked about. But, hey who I am.

Anyway, great stuff.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »