Home

Drafting Fullbacks

This is a discussion on Drafting Fullbacks within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2009, 01:00 AM   #1
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15
Drafting Fullbacks

One thing I'm really hoping to see is how drafting fullbacks will be this year. In past years drafted fullbacks were useless. Hopefully some fullbacks will appear in the draft classes that can run block like Ovie Mughelli, run like Greg Jones/Leron McClain, and catch like Jacob Hester. I love utilizing fullbacks in my offense and would like to draft a usefull one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2009, 01:14 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Drafting Fullbacks

good point. I remember drafting a FB that was 84 OVR so you would think he would be good. But I had Mcclain and he was actually better in almost all categories.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:32 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 26

can we draft kickers?
Old 07-25-2009, 02:22 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 7

I hope if there is a good fullback in college, like Vickers was at Colorado, a guy who excels in multiple aspects of the game, I hope he gets drafted before the 5th round...

Most FB's in Madden 09 went undrafted, even if they were rated 95-99 in NCAA.

I guess that's my first issue- importing draft classes, huh?
Old 07-25-2009, 06:18 AM   #5
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18

I always sign undrafted FB's. Last year in 09' I signed a Rookie FB and stashed him under Mike Sellers for three years, and during the season every now and then I would train with him using varies drills, and when Sellers retired three years later, he was ready to go with a 85 rating.....If only my Redskins IRL adopted that moto.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2009, 06:38 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 13

Drafting Fullbacks in m09 was broken. Every fullback drafted would drop 5 or 6 points the moment they're signed. The same glitch happened to kickers and punters too.

Test it.
Old 07-25-2009, 12:42 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 9

I never drafted FBs, but usually signed the undrafted ones.

I always liked to have a good blocking FB with decent hands, so a lot of times I would find late round blocking TEs and make them into FBs. I also always had 3 TEs with different purposes (1 balanced who had decent hands and decent blocking skill-he would be the starter, 1 good hands receiving TE who would be the TE in shotgun sets and sometimes as the FB in shotgun sets, and then a pure blocking TE (usually a converted FB) for goal line and 3 TE sets.

I loved the FB/blocking TE spots because I had very specific wants for those positions, unlike WR where I wanted hands/speed, and it allowed me to give a little more personality to my roster.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:19 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 12

Well hopefully Josh Looman brings Casey Barone from Head Coach, he was a complete monster at FB and blocked absolutely everything and than some.

*Actual time may vary.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »