Home

"SIM" ballers OMGWTFBFFTTYLYAAYYAAYCOOOL

This is a discussion on "SIM" ballers OMGWTFBFFTTYLYAAYYAAYCOOOL within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 03:26 AM   #33
Pro

droopizzle34's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: "SIM" ballers OMGWTFBFFTTYLYAAYYAAYCOOOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I mean this with all due respect.

Seems like Madden has finally become the game it used to be and should always have been as far as the sim aspect goes. We still have a ways to go but they made huge strides this year in bring the realism back.

It is apparent that because you will not be able to exploit certain aspects, or control every single thing, you will not be happy with this game. It is unfortunate, because I think if you sat down with it and gave it a chance, you might enjoy. Especially if you enjoy watching actual NFL games.

That said, and again, I am not bashing you, it sounds like a game like NFL Blitz or whatever it is called me be more to your liking. Just a suggestion.
the above bold quote is why glitchers,cheesers,and exploiters will be mad as heck playing madden 10..thank you Ian.
Old 07-25-2009, 03:40 AM   #34
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Hey this is a great moment for us Madden gamers....We have a game that's now so "Sim" that people are mad about it....Bravo Ian!!! You did it!
Old 07-25-2009, 03:55 AM   #35
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
trust me you dont want the gameplan thing. All it does is cause problem. If you have things on aggressive, you're screwed. If you have strip ball on aggressive, you get a facemask called on you every other play. If impact block is on aggressive, clipping calls out the wazoo, try to break tackles on aggressive= more fumbles. They really did a piss poor job with that thing.
I don't see how that's a bad thing. If you are going to play aggressively it needs a balance, and the penalties balance it out. You shouldn't be able to get impact blocks and be constantly going for the strip without bad things, like penalties, happening. It can be tuned to be better but as it stands now it gives you a good risk/reward system.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2009, 04:04 AM   #36
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
trust me you dont want the gameplan thing. All it does is cause problem. If you have things on aggressive, you're screwed. If you have strip ball on aggressive, you get a facemask called on you every other play. If impact block is on aggressive, clipping calls out the wazoo, try to break tackles on aggressive= more fumbles. They really did a piss poor job with that thing.
I don't have the problem that you do for two of those. The only one I dislike is the strip ball. I never mess with that one unless I truly need a fumble. Way too many facemasks. But I've only had 3 clipping calls in a game when leaving impact blocking on for the entire thing. If Madden could blance it out though I think it would be pretty good. They do however need the defensive keys. Possibly my favorite new feature in NCAA this year.
Old 07-25-2009, 04:18 AM   #37
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

I am agreeing with this guy in some places on the demo. I know the demo is not like the final version. But I do kind of got a bad feeling and things I have seen that I don't like right now. 1 is why me oline blocking poor and when I try to get to their QB the AI oline protects the QB very good. When I am on offense. I bearly saw a good pocket. Noted I know that might be fixed in the final verison. But still not sold on it. 2 I have played over 12 games on the demo for 2 days now. No sacks on the AI what so ever. I have tryed every blitz in the playbook. But the AI oline always finds a way to pick it up. And if I do get close to the QB are start to pull him down to the ground he ends up throwing the ball away. Making it impossible to get a sack on the AI. I am so mad right now that after 12 games using both cards and steelers and using every blitz in the both playbooks the QB AI always seems to always know when to throw it no matter what I do. This not real sim football when the AI has total knowlegde every little play you call. This total BS to me. I support Ian and company. But just trying to make the graphic to real is taking the fun out of the game. This should be a limit to how far they should go to make a sports game real. There was a time I enjoy madden. Yes people complain about cheesers online and all that. The last time I really enjoyed a good madden football was on ps2 madden 07. But since coming to the next gen console madden. I have not reall played it. I just feel people are forcing EA to make the madden real as life . But will never happen what so ever. I enjoyed ncaa 09 because it reminded of ps2 madden 07 graphic wise and ncaa 09 offense formed a good pocket and the pass rush was balanced. But overall I feel that madden 10 for next gen ain't doing it for me right this momet. The human pass rush to me feels weak and can not get to the AI QB one bit. The AI pass rush seems to be alot more powerful then my pass rush is. I feel cheated some how. I just don't know any more. The days of madden for me is gone for now I love the old days of madden. But it seems to many people want 2k5 type game play. I really never liked 2k5. Thats why I was always a madden fan. But I was just trying make a point. When I can't even get a sack off of the AI QB. There is something wrong with this picture. I should not even have to bring a blitz every down. I should be able to bring a front four pressure and get a sack. But nothing is working for me.
Old 07-25-2009, 04:23 AM   #38
Pro

OVR: 13

^^^ Heard of paragraphs?

I do agree with the run commit thing. I feel like that is one thing NCAA has done right. The whole risk/reward thing there is sweet. Aside from that, I'm glad the game is so sim that this guy is whining about it. Keep up the good work Ian
Old 07-25-2009, 04:28 AM   #39
Rookie

KingCashus's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
I am agreeing with this guy in some places on the demo. I know the demo is not like the final version. But I do kind of got a bad feeling and things I have seen that I don't like right now. 1 is why me oline blocking poor and when I try to get to their QB the AI oline protects the QB very good. When I am on offense. I bearly saw a good pocket. Noted I know that might be fixed in the final verison. But still not sold on it. 2 I have played over 12 games on the demo for 2 days now. No sacks on the AI what so ever. I have tryed every blitz in the playbook. But the AI oline always finds a way to pick it up. And if I do get close to the QB are start to pull him down to the ground he ends up throwing the ball away. Making it impossible to get a sack on the AI. I am so mad right now that after 12 games using both cards and steelers and using every blitz in the both playbooks the QB AI always seems to always know when to throw it no matter what I do. This not real sim football when the AI has total knowlegde every little play you call. This total BS to me. I support Ian and company. But just trying to make the graphic to real is taking the fun out of the game. This should be a limit to how far they should go to make a sports game real. There was a time I enjoy madden. Yes people complain about cheesers online and all that. The last time I really enjoyed a good madden football was on ps2 madden 07. But since coming to the next gen console madden. I have not reall played it. I just feel people are forcing EA to make the madden real as life . But will never happen what so ever. I enjoyed ncaa 09 because it reminded of ps2 madden 07 graphic wise and ncaa 09 offense formed a good pocket and the pass rush was balanced. But overall I feel that madden 10 for next gen ain't doing it for me right this momet. The human pass rush to me feels weak and can not get to the AI QB one bit. The AI pass rush seems to be alot more powerful then my pass rush is. I feel cheated some how. I just don't know any more. The days of madden for me is gone for now I love the old days of madden. But it seems to many people want 2k5 type game play. I really never liked 2k5. Thats why I was always a madden fan. But I was just trying make a point. When I can't even get a sack off of the AI QB. There is something wrong with this picture. I should not even have to bring a blitz every down. I should be able to bring a front four pressure and get a sack. But nothing is working for me.
I actually read all of that.

NBA 2K14 Next Gen is a must-buy.
Old 07-25-2009, 04:34 AM   #40
av7
Hall Of Fame

av7's Arena

OVR: 37

Use the demo impression thread for your impressions.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »