Home

The CPU finally misses field goals!

This is a discussion on The CPU finally misses field goals! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2009, 09:46 PM   #17
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: The CPU finally misses field goals!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
I think they made the analog stick more sensitive.
I'm not missing them left or right, I get full power and they are falling SHORT of the crossbar. If they had gone farther, they would be down the middle. The LOS it the 17yrd line, I have the wind blowing in my favor and I hit full power and the ball fell SHORT, and not a little short, like in the final 3/4 of the back of the end zone. Another kick when my LOS was he 34yrd line my kick at full power with the boys landed barely in the endzone at all it was so short. The kicking power in the 1min quarter demo is SUPER weak to me.
Old 07-25-2009, 09:48 PM   #18
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
I'm not missing them left or right, I get full power and they are falling SHORT of the crossbar. If they had gone farther, they would be down the middle. The LOS it the 17yrd line, I have the wind blowing in my favor and I hit full power and the ball fell SHORT, and not a little short, like in the final 3/4 of the back of the end zone. Another kick when my LOS was he 34yrd line my kick at full power with the boys landed barely in the endzone at all it was so short. The kicking power in the 1min quarter demo is SUPER weak to me.
Maybe because its in the snow.
Old 07-25-2009, 10:07 PM   #19
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
Maybe because its in the snow.
I would be fine with that. I just want to know that THAT is why and not speculation. I really, really think there should be a break down in the game explaining WHY certain things happen. For example a "Weather effects chart" of sorts.

Routes with sharp cuts and moves with sharp cuts in the rain and snow are liable to cause slipping and FG and PATs are going to suffer from poor footing even on otherwise "well kicked balls." We already expect passes to be off in the wind. We already know players are falling down in the snow. i just think that a more in-depth explination would help new players and experianced players. Also would help show off the "new" weather effects.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »