Home

Madden 10 referees are ghosts?

This is a discussion on Madden 10 referees are ghosts? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2009, 07:18 PM   #17
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Madden 10 referees are ghosts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoHouse2814
What has EA done to us(The football community) cause this right here is crazy talk. real talk

its about quality. poor quality control
No, it's a design decision. You can point to any number of things over the years that are the result of poor quality control. Making sure the referees do not interrupt a player's momentum doesn't fall under that category.
Old 07-25-2009, 07:29 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
No, it's a design decision. You can point to any number of things over the years that are the result of poor quality control. Making sure the referees do not interrupt a player's momentum doesn't fall under that category.
a design decision that was stupid and dumb. respect the ref like the rest of the 22 players on the field. in that i want the the offense to pass through the defenders then. if they dont hit stick, i can just go right through them without juking or stiff arm.

quality and respect. looking at that vid is disgusting from a video game standpoint and simulation standpoint. EA ghost ref is a STUPID decision
Old 07-25-2009, 08:20 PM   #19
Rookie

Jays20593's Arena

OVR: 4

I am amazed at how many people whine about small things
Old 07-25-2009, 08:34 PM   #20
DickDalewood

OVR:

Don't be amazed jay... There are people in life who get it and people who don't. Unfortunately this forum has recently been filled with the latter.

Old 07-25-2009, 08:35 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoHouse2814
a design decision that was stupid and dumb. respect the ref like the rest of the 22 players on the field. in that i want the the offense to pass through the defenders then. if they dont hit stick, i can just go right through them without juking or stiff arm.

quality and respect. looking at that vid is disgusting from a video game standpoint and simulation standpoint. EA ghost ref is a STUPID decision
Dont like it? Dont buy the game. If you are getting this worked up over a non issue like this, you might as well just not play games at all. In almost every game there is some sort of liberty taken in order to make the game play better for the masses.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2009, 08:42 PM   #22
MVP

Darkleaf's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
I honestly can't believe people care THIS much about the physical states of the referees. I understand that everyone's going to throw around the "If you see it on Sunday" line just to argue their point, but come on. This is just silly.

If you take a step back and look at it from their perspective...imagine the amounts of complaining that would occur if referees interfered in people's plays. What would you do as a designer? I'd wager a fair amount of us would make the same decision these guys did; and that's make the refs reactive, and not interactive. They move, react, and signal appropriately. No, we cannot run into them. Is this really that big of an issue?

Great post..Of all the things to get worked up over..jeez.
Old 07-25-2009, 08:45 PM   #23
Rookie

iLukeisamazing's Arena

OVR: 5

It may be stupid to you, but this has to be a decision made to bring in the widest possible audience, not just the hardcore 2K fanboy circuit.
Atlanta Falcons
Atlanta Hawks
Old 07-25-2009, 08:45 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 9

Im just glad the refs are finally back in the game. I'm willing to give them a pass on collision detection. Then again, some ppl just really enjoy whining.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »