Home

This is what plays should look like!

This is a discussion on This is what plays should look like! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2009, 12:33 AM   #17
MVP

Stroehms's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: This is what plays should look like!

Agree with most here, that was a nice video. Thanks for pointing that out, now I can look for it when I play. Kudos
Old 07-26-2009, 03:46 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 9

Thanks Im glad you guys like the video.... I'm trying to be optimistic about Madden this year!

Like I said in my other videos .... I haven't played MADDEN (the way I wanted to) since 2007 (S. Alexander and even that one wasn't that good).

So I'm making a choice not to PICK APART the "Demo" ...but only to give EA a fair shake!

BTW EA .....NCAA 10 is awful so far! PATCH IS NEEDED.
It looks like the roles are switched this year for me!
Old 07-26-2009, 03:54 AM   #19
Rookie

JB0B0's Arena

OVR: 7

that was awesome, but the problem i'm seeing with M10 in the demo so far is inconsistency. I'll see a play like that with perfectly smooth animations that leave me in awe, then other times I see horrible animations, almost like the wrong animations trigger. If madden was just consistent and had all the textbook animations down, it would be amazing.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:03 AM   #20
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phixius
I can appreciate the game better if plays like that happened often. I just want a basic NFL football game with the fundamentals of the sport and physics. To me, pro-tak is a gimmick that causes more problems than it supposed to fix.
the thing is Pro-Tak isn't the cause of these problems. This is a great reason i am going to keep my copy of 09. Pro-tak will not be blamed for poor AI and animations on my watch. the problems with Madden have been around long before Pro-Tak or Ian was in charge. Whiel I have not heared ian say anything about blaming Pro-tak, I just want to make sure he doesn't and no one does for him.

Something I have talked about at great length and know other videos and posters have the same is the poor AI logic that supposedly drives the animations.

I would really like to hear from Ian on this topic. Why is it on one play we have 2 or 3 linemen doing thier jobs whiel the other 2 or 3 on average are acting like fools? Can the game not handle 22 players using a solid AI while pumping out 60FPS with these graphics? I am speculating at this point, but if it were a graphical issue, I would be on the side of the fence that says dop the graphics demand and improve the game play.

gameplay was the mantra of M10 and as of the Demo build, it as fallen short in my eyes. Unless I see some majhor tweeks I am goign to be very unimpressed as a whole with M10. Right now, only going off of the Demo, M10 feel like 09 in slow motion with smoe new animations, new ratings, pro-tak and presentation that is still behind 2k5. A better game than 09 to be sure, but that doesn't say a lot.

Iam giving Ian the benifit of the doubt along with adembroski and hose who played the game at E3 [which was a newer build I guess, at least day 2.] My understanding is the "weapon fix" wasn't in the demo. I can only hope that is one of the reasons why linemen have such a random chance of being stupid. that they are getting a huge ratings hit for not being weapons and are playing like morons.

To sum up, when I read that gameplay was the focus of M10 I was expecting two things. 1.) vastly improved Line play/interactions, 2.) Improved WR/DB play in both man and zone coverage. I like a lot of he WR/DB interaction though they look like they still need work [and maybe got it before going gold.] the line is a whole other story.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:06 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
the thing is Pro-Tak isn't the cause of these problems. This is a great reason i am going to keep my copy of 09. Pro-tak will not be blamed for poor AI and animations on my watch. the problems with Madden have been around long before Pro-Tak or Ian was in charge. Whiel I have not heared ian say anything about blaming Pro-tak, I just want to make sure he doesn't and no one does for him.
I blame the warp blocking and tackling solely on the pro-tak. Players just suck into another to tackle them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2009, 04:11 AM   #22
Rookie

Lodeus's Arena

OVR: 8

Nice video

Love seeing stuff like that.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:12 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phixius
I blame the warp blocking and tackling solely on the pro-tak. Players just suck into another to tackle them.
But how can you blame pro-tak for that when madden 09 had that same problem?
Old 07-26-2009, 04:15 AM   #24
Rookie

JB0B0's Arena

OVR: 7

the game has great potential, but it just seems like some stuff needs to be cleared up:

-wrong animations triggering at times
-morphing
-players breaking out of tackles when they are almost already down (ex:

)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »