Home

Hair looks/movement

This is a discussion on Hair looks/movement within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2009, 04:43 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Hair looks/movement

Gotta start off by saying the player models look much better this year.

However, guys like TP and Larry with "the hair" seem a little off. Dont get me wrong its really cool to see the hair flailing around. I just wish it came over the shoulders a little more. In TP's case It looks more like a pony tail.

I know this is knit-picking but its something that stood out to me. A while back when the colored cleats fiasco was going on someone edited Fitz's pic and added more hair coming on to the shoulders. Looked really good. I guess thats what im getting at.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2009, 04:47 PM   #2
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Hair looks/movement

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift9k
Gotta start off by saying the player models look much better this year.

However, guys like TP and Larry with "the hair" seem a little off. Dont get me wrong its really cool to see the hair flailing around. I just wish it came over the shoulders a little more. In TP's case It looks more like a pony tail.

I know this is knit-picking but its something that stood out to me. A while back when the colored cleats fiasco was going on someone edited Fitz's pic and added more hair coming on to the shoulders. Looked really good. I guess thats what im getting at.

Hair and fluid fabric are two of the hardest (most processor intense) things to render in a game. along with the fluid towels and everything else going on in the game it's amazing that they even added that this year (not to mention adding all the refs and chain gang!)

so I would guess the designers themselves KNOW that the hair is not perfect but you only have so much RAM and processor cycles to go around and this game looks to be pushing it.

Next-next gen.
Old 07-25-2009, 04:54 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Hair looks/movement

and AJ Hawk has the same frizzy hair that Polamalu has lol. AJ Hawk has long hair but it's definitely NOT frizzy like someone who is black or of somoan descent like Polamalu. He actually looked like Domato Peko of the Bengals cuz he had brown hair but it was frizzy lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »