Home

***Madden NFL 10 Demo Impressions Thread Version 2.0***

This is a discussion on ***Madden NFL 10 Demo Impressions Thread Version 2.0*** within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2009, 08:02 PM   #33
Formerly simon48xbox

The_Balm's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: ***Madden NFL 10 Demo Impressions Thread Version 2.0***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football4Natic
And also branching tackles or broken tackles needs a major fine tuning
LOL
Old 07-25-2009, 08:02 PM   #34
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Well thats just my opinion as to why the fix from last year didn't seem to carry over to this year. I have no idea if that is whats causing it, just my opiniion. Sorry, I should've worded my response a little better.
Haha, no worries... I don't do a ton of pre snap adjustments anyway. I was playing earlier and the Steelers went 9 plays and took off 4:37 secs. I'd rather have that happen then what was going on last year. The cpu time of poss was always off.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 07-25-2009, 08:05 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 16

So i just downloaded the ps3 version

and put it on 1080p...forget about it....it looks like there is a shrink wrap on the screen.

Ian did say that the game would have less jaggies and better all around resolution on 720p

so i put it on that and yea the shrink wrap issue is gone...but the jaggies increase..

No wonder EA nevesr shows videos of the ps3 version

They claim is the same just to not lose sales there but the 360 looks much better.

incredible. It does run smooth and no framerate issues like somebody said before

but i just cant look at the game with the jaggies and shrink wrap issue
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2009, 08:07 PM   #36
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
Haha, no worries... I don't do a ton of pre snap adjustments anyway. I was playing earlier and the Steelers went 9 plays and took off 4:37 secs. I'd rather have that happen then what was going on last year. The cpu time of poss was always off.
Good point. I guess I'm looking for that happy medium.

I do wonder if a shorter runoff time(providing there is one) will result in the user being able to make more adjustments?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 07-25-2009, 08:18 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoHouse2814
if u for real. OMG...

well looks like another of NFL MadDUNG football. well maybe next year i guess

i dont like thats its on purpose. game have detection issues but they not on purpose. EA could just made players a little shove or something in that nature. i would rather have no ref then, lol actually in a way they really not there i guess huh
Exactly. Alot of the new adds are nothing more than eye candy. And alot of em aren't so sweet to see, either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
Yeah I prefer it the way it is. I would appreciate the realism of the refs having collision detection for the players and the ball but I don't know how I'd feel if my opponent lost a game because their pass bounced off a referee or I lost a game because of it. I know referees get in the way in real life once in a while but I know I would be one of the first people bitching up a storm about it once it effected my game.
I wouldn't mind colliding with the refs. People need to make up their minds. Do you really want a sim or not?!!!!!! It would present another challenge, and force more skill-such as real NFL players have to deal with. I think people would be on the fence alot, only because we need the game to play much better, before we feel comfortable enough with this type of challenge.
Old 07-25-2009, 08:22 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddenfeeeen
One thing I havent seen anyone really touch on is the 15 sec runoff. I love the idea, but I PRAY that it isnt on by default in ranked games. That GREATLY lessons the amount of plays from scrimmage. A 5 min game is more like a 2-3 min game. Agreed? This would really suck for ranked games. With the lead, 2 or 3 first downs will definitely leave u with the ball the whole quarter.

One thing I AM excited about, however, is that now I can commish a franchise with 15 min qtrs. HOLD UR HORSES! I know u think that sounds crazy, but with a 15 sec runoff, it will be more like a traditional Madden game with MAYBE 8 min qtrs. In the NFL, most plays are ran with 10 sec or less on the play clock. With the runoff, thats about where u are with every snap. Thus being left with realistic stats ( for us stat junkies ). I think this would be awesome for us sim ballers...
Agreed bro. I don't like it when I see 2:35 seconds left and then 1 second later I have 2:17 seconds left.

This post goes out to Ian Cummings and the Madden NFL Dev Team. Great work! Madden NFL 10 is a strong cut above all the other Madden NFL games I have played in the past.
Old 07-25-2009, 08:28 PM   #39
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by turftickler
Agreed bro. I don't like it when I see 2:35 seconds left and then 1 second later I have 2:17 seconds left.
And I don't like snapping the ball with 30 seconds on the Play Clock.
Old 07-25-2009, 08:41 PM   #40
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddenfeeeen
One thing I havent seen anyone really touch on is the 15 sec runoff. I love the idea, but I PRAY that it isnt on by default in ranked games. That GREATLY lessons the amount of plays from scrimmage. A 5 min game is more like a 2-3 min game. Agreed? This would really suck for ranked games. With the lead, 2 or 3 first downs will definitely leave u with the ball the whole quarter.

I agree and want to know the answer to this as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
And I don't like snapping the ball with 30 seconds on the Play Clock.
I got an Idea here...Hear me out

How about accerated clock only affect the play clock and not the game clock.......
How this would work is as soon as you pick your play 15 sec runs off the play clock and not the game clock

This solves the prob with people online running the play clock down to 0 every play....

And the way accerated clock is now, a game of madden (5 min Q) can be played in 20-27 mins....When before it would take around 40

With my idea a game of madden will take around 40 min.....But you will have more snaps per game

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »