Home

I like the new pocket mechanics, but....

This is a discussion on I like the new pocket mechanics, but.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2009, 08:48 PM   #1
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
I like the new pocket mechanics, but....

the CPU's blocking is crazy!!
I havent see one of my DEs just beat a OL and sack the QB....seems like the QB had WAY too long to throw every time he drops back..

Someone noted that the pass rush was being tweaked....was this after the Card\Steelers demo? or is it in regards to the final product?

I like that the "robo qb" aspect was fixed, but this is literally my only beef w\ the game...I hope they take a look at it..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2009, 08:55 PM   #2
Pro

crob8822's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: I like the new pocket mechanics, but....

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I havent see one of my DEs just beat a OL and sack the QB....seems like the QB had WAY too long to throw every time he drops back..

Someone noted that the pass rush was being tweaked....was this after the Card\Steelers demo? or is it in regards to the final product?

I like that the "robo qb" aspect was fixed, but this is literally my only beef w\ the game...I hope they take a look at it..
Me too!
Old 07-25-2009, 09:07 PM   #3
MVP

MelMan1486's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

100% agree... the only and I say ONLY way I have gotten the few sacks I have is from controlling the Dlineman myself and getting a user sack. And when I did get the sacks I had to dive at the QB to catch him off guard. I believe "robo" QB is fixed but when the QB has so much time in the pocket they just pick apart the defense. I would love to just have some more pressure, ESPECIALLY when I send 6 and they're only blocking with 5.
Old 07-25-2009, 09:18 PM   #4
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

EXACTLY man...

Its just frustrating that it doesnt work both ways....ive seen CPU DEs just blow by OLs off the snap to sack me plenty of times which is fine...it happens...I just want to be able to do the same...hopefully its true theyre tweaking it
Old 07-25-2009, 09:19 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Its because this is an old build without the pass rush fix that the retail version has.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2009, 09:25 PM   #6
MVP

MelMan1486's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Its because this is an old build without the pass rush fix that the retail version has.
I'm hoping this is the case... because with the current CPU blocking in the 5 min demo the 3-4 defense is useless.
Old 07-25-2009, 09:25 PM   #7
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Hey man, if this is true...ill gladly eat my words and my $60 upon release...im really enjoying it besides this...
Old 07-25-2009, 09:26 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:

have u tried the sliders in the demo? Makes a mighty difference in alot of things i must admit

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »