Home

Slo-motion football?

This is a discussion on Slo-motion football? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2009, 09:31 PM   #1
Rookie

trufootball's Arena

OVR: 11
Slo-motion football?

Am I the only one that thinks the game speed in the demo is too slow. I understand why people say they like it for gameplay reasons but that shouldn't be the point, there shouldn't be different game speeds in a simulation football game period. Football is played in one speed only and that is fast as hell. They even say college guys can't get used to the the speed of the NFL because it is so fast. Why should madden be any different. I'm sorry but slower does not equal simulation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2009, 09:33 PM   #2
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Slo-motion football?

Actually in this case it does. This speed accuratly resembles how quick the NFL Moves, use a stop watch and time some players if you do not believe me.

Either way, you can adjust the speed when you buy it.
Old 07-25-2009, 09:34 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Considering the regular speed is way too fast even if this is the NFL I like the demo speed, but I feel normal will probably be as close as the NFL as possible.

And to the "there shouldn't be different game speeds in a simulation football game period" Yes there should. Some people are slower than others with their thumbs, so a slower game fits them. This is a video game we deserve choices like gamespeed. Your comment is like saying why is there different difficulties.

― Plato
Old 07-25-2009, 09:36 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

I like the slower speed actually. Things were kind of hectic in the previous maddens.
Old 07-25-2009, 09:38 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 10

I do like the new game speed. Needs tweaking but I like it, makes the run game feel relevant. You can't just hold down on the turbo anymore, now I have to work the holes and look for open field before sprinting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2009, 09:42 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by trufootball
Am I the only one that thinks the game speed in the demo is too slow. I understand why people say they like it for gameplay reasons but that shouldn't be the point, there shouldn't be different game speeds in a simulation football game period. Football is played in one speed only and that is fast as hell. They even say college guys can't get used to the the speed of the NFL because it is so fast. Why should madden be any different. I'm sorry but slower does not equal simulation.
Have you played football in real life before? The game feels 100x faster when you're in it, rather than watching it. Just saying.
Old 07-25-2009, 09:42 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by trufootball
In "REAL" football your're not controlling the QB, RB, FB, TE, WR, and defense.
Old 07-25-2009, 09:45 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 32

I love the speed. I think IMO it is perfect from what I have played so far in the demo. Seems as there is a more cohesive flow to the game at this speed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »