Home

Why all the resentment?

This is a discussion on Why all the resentment? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2009, 02:41 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Why all the resentment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I think you misunderstand me. I am a fan of both 2k5 and Madden 10. I wasn't making fun of anything or anbody and wasn't being like, "oh mah gosh, nfl excwusive wites is stpod"

I think we can all agree it was way too easy to scramble in the 2k games.
not in 2k8. i never had a problem with scramblers. i mean people scramble but i was never worried on defense like i am in madden
Old 07-26-2009, 03:05 PM   #58
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Well, I like the demo and can't stop playing it. That's all that matters to me. Are there issues that need to be fixed? Sure, but that's to be expected. No game is perfect. But I'm having more fun with the demo than I did with recent full Madden games.

I don't understand the hate either, XSafety. I mean, I understand the constructive criticism; but this new crop of posters who come just to bash boggles the mind. They can clearly see what Madden 10 is going to be. Don't like it? Don't buy it and play 2K. Check back in a year or two (or however long the peanut gallery needs) and see if it has improvements that they want. Yes? Buy Madden. No? Continue playing games they like. It seems simple to me.
Old 07-26-2009, 03:06 PM   #59
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattieShoes
Hahaha, it's like Cubs fans going, "This is the year, I can feel it!" for the last 100 years. Then the game turns out to have flaws, and they're bitter, right up until spring training -- Then it's back to "This is the year, I can feel it!"
Sounds like us Lions fans too.
Old 07-26-2009, 03:12 PM   #60
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

The improvements are evident, anyone who wants to completely bash this game based off the demo has issues. I am against exclusive deals, etc. I AM VERY hard to please, and I HAVE given EA a tough time in the past. I have enjoyed the demo, and they have done a good job of implementing exactly what they said they would. I have stood firm in my opinion that good presentation will take focus away from what they didnt do well on and Madden 10 will be the perfect specimen to test this theory. At this point is obvious to me that there are remarkable improvements, we want to wine about running animations, etc some of you need to get a pair and man up cause your acting like a woman. This game is looking good compared to every other madden i have ever played. Improvement is all I asked for and there is no doubt that it has been done.
Old 07-26-2009, 03:27 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Well, I like the demo and can't stop playing it. That's all that matters to me. Are there issues that need to be fixed? Sure, but that's to be expected. No game is perfect. But I'm having more fun with the demo than I did with recent full Madden games.

I don't understand the hate either, XSafety. I mean, I understand the constructive criticism; but this new crop of posters who come just to bash boggles the mind. They can clearly see what Madden 10 is going to be. Don't like it? Don't buy it and play 2K. Check back in a year or two (or however long the peanut gallery needs) and see if it has improvements that they want. Yes? Buy Madden. No? Continue playing games they like. It seems simple to me.
Is it safe to assume that you felt the same way about last year's demo?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2009, 03:34 PM   #62
All Star

OVR: 13

Well, I don't disagree with the overall point of the original poster, but I will take the "wait-and-see" approach. Reactions to the demo and any reactions from the first week the game is out I generally tend to throw out, and only after the game's been out for a few weeks does the real feel of the game start to become apparent. There seems to be a semi-predictable ebb and flow to these game releases, which roughly follows this pattern:

1) initial excitement when it's still at the screenshots/developer talk stage
2) deflation/irritation when the demo is released
3) euphoric praise and sky-high opinions during the first 1-2 weeks of the game's release
4) some settling of opinion +/- disappointment with the product after the first few weeks as flaws/gaffes come to light
5) building anticipation for the following year's release

Let's see how the retail version pans out about the end of August/early September. I'm holding my opinions (and dollars) until then...
Old 07-26-2009, 03:58 PM   #63
Banned

sixthgradetyrant's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm neutral on this issue, but here are a few observations:
  1. The "hating"/resentment present in the Madden community is the fault of EA (or the Madden teams, more specifically). The next gen Maddens have been horrible disappointments.
  2. This new team working on Madden seems to be doing remarkable work, and the gameplay/graphics/animations/presentation improvements evident in the demo are huge leaps forward.
  3. I think any argument that brings up the "broken engine" at the core of the game has some validity. I don't know anything about programming, etc., but that criticism rings true to me, and we may just have to ride out the next few years until the nextnext gen Madden comes out, new engine and all.
  4. The main gameplay issue still seems to be an evident miscalibration of "explosion" during animations. For example, DL don't explode off the ball, WR don't explode out of breaks, RB don't explode after the handoff--in fact there seems to be slowdown at these crucial moments while everyone else is going full speed, the result being frustratingly unrealistic moments that don't mimic real football.
  5. The OL actually blocked intelligently in the demo (tears of joy); the DL take a week and half to perform a pass rush move (tears of frustration).
Overall, I see incredible improvement through the demo, and Madden '10 promises to be the immersive football experience that I've been waiting for for years now. Can't wait for 8/14. And this from someone who has routinely raked EA over the coals the past couple of years for blatant incompetence in NCAA/Madden.

Ian and co., God bless you good people.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:03 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhlord64
They run like robots. Watch 10 from the side and then watch 2k8 from the side. Its obvious whats more realistic. I can't believe people can still defend Madden these past few years.
Wait, so what ever the running animation is=iverall quality of the game? Okay

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »