Home

Why all the resentment?

This is a discussion on Why all the resentment? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2009, 04:04 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Why all the resentment?

I love the demo except for the lack of a realistic pass rush.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2009, 04:04 PM   #66
Banned

OVR: 8

Why all the resentment? Seriously you have to be in your early or mid 20's or teens to ask. I'm not hating on younger people but there are many older people who have played every football game ever made and what's going on now is a tragedy.

If this game didn't have a past reputation and more importantly wasn't about the NFL it would be lucky to get a review rating above 6. Not that reviews are everything but this game is very average to say the least.

People have waited a lifetime for technology to be what it is today and we get a game that's struggling to be as good as the very same game that was made 5 years ago and i'm not even counting the competition that was eliminated.

I've seen EA put a end to NFL Fever which imo would have been the best of the bunch by now. I've seen EA bar any competition and you have to be naive to think discussions didn't happen behind closed doors and EA pressed for this knowing no one else could offer the money they could. If you think a game(NFL 2K5) that was considered by many to be better and half the price didn't have anything to do with it then i don't know what to tell you besides Santa Claus really doesn't exist.

Finally, you have many people who own a console for sports games, some mainly for football and we get mediocrity. It's like if Microsoft bought every gun license and people who love shooters had nothing to play but Halo with plasma guns. This really isn't a good comparison because Halo is twice the game Madden is for the genere but the point remains the same.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:09 PM   #67
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Bowler
Why all the resentment? Seriously you have to be in your early or mid 20's or teens to ask. I'm not hating on younger people but there are many older people who have played every football game ever made and what's going on now is a tragedy.

If this game didn't have a past reputation and more importantly wasn't about the NFL it would be lucky to get a review rating above 6. Not that reviews are everything but this game is very average to say the least.

People have waited a lifetime for technology to be what it is today and we get a game that's struggling to be as good as the very same game that was made 5 years ago and i'm not even counting the competition that was eliminated.

I've seen EA put a end to NFL Fever which imo would have been the best of the bunch by now. I've seen EA bar any competition and you have to be naive to think discussions didn't happen behind closed doors and EA pressed for this knowing no one else could offer the money they could. If you think a game(NFL 2K5) that was considered by many to be better and half the price didn't have anything to do with it then i don't know what to tell you besides Santa Claus really doesn't exist.

Finally, you have many people who own a console for sports games, some mainly for football and we get mediocrity. It's like if Microsoft bought every gun license and people who love shooters had nothing to play but Halo with plasma guns. This really isn't a good comparison because Halo is twice the game Madden is for the genere but the point remains the same.
Based on the demo and people impressions of preview builds of the full game, this game is not medicore
Old 07-26-2009, 04:11 PM   #68
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by boom.h
Is it safe to assume that you felt the same way about last year's demo?
It is not. Last year's demo was horrible.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:17 PM   #69
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manbearpig
Based on the demo and people impressions of preview builds of the full game, this game is not medicore
Compared to Madden it's not medicore. It's still not in the same class as APF 2K8. It has better graphics and i do think pro tak may have made the tackling better. But how does Madden stack up against other sports games made by EA. If MVP was still being made it would be lucky to be 4th or 5th behind NHL, FIFA, MVP and possibley FN4.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:22 PM   #70
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Bowler
Compared to Madden it's not medicore. It's still not in the same class as APF 2K8. It has better graphics and i do think pro tak may have made the tackling better. But how does Madden stack up against other sports games made by EA. If MVP was still being made it would be lucky to be 4th or 5th behind NHL, FIFA, MVP and possibley FN4.
dont make me laugh, please APF was a medicore playing football game as well. The thing that people like about it were its OUTSTANDING animations, those blind people.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:24 PM   #71
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
dont make me laugh, please APF was a medicore playing football game as well. The thing that people like about it were its OUTSTANDING animations, those blind people.
exactly
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2009, 04:27 PM   #72
Banned

Quote:
I'm not going to argue, but did APF 2K8 go backwards from NFL 2K5? No, so how can you call APF medicore if 2K5 was considered to be the best NFL game ever made by some? The passing, running, kicking is all better in APF than Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »