Home

Glitches,Nanos,$$Plays(Any Mods have the game yet?)

This is a discussion on Glitches,Nanos,$$Plays(Any Mods have the game yet?) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2009, 10:27 AM   #1
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Glitches,Nanos,$$Plays(Any Mods have the game yet?)

So I've been reading some other boards and I see post after post about:

• Rocket Catching is toned down, but still extremely effective.
  • War Catching(looks like cutting off the route early on a low trajectory pass and making the catch while the DB fails to react and still plays the area where the ball should have gone, which is a few yards behind the WR) is extremely effective.
  • 3 Man nanos are back from the Quarter and Dollar formations. Unstoppable heat from 3 DL + 1 or 2 LBs mixed with a working BNR/M2M defense is deadly.
  • Wildcat can be manipulated to run an actual college style option play on some automotion plays when timed with the playclock correctly.

The nanos and Wildcat stuff concerns me the most. Just a few days in and the list of exploits in these 2 areas is growing like mad. I'm hoping that a few mods or CD guys might have copies of the final build and can tell us if there are major AI differences between the demo and final build that might eliminate some of this type of stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2009, 10:33 AM   #2
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Glitches,Nanos,$$Plays(Any Mods have the game yet?)

You can tell in the Demo that the Nano blitzs are definatly there when the Computer does one every once and a while.
Old 07-26-2009, 10:39 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

With the nano's you have to ask whether they work against slide protection. Slide protection is generally what messes nano's up. Anyone can have one against base BOB protection and they actually should be there against BOB protection, if you do not leave blockers in. Well that's not a general statement. The 3 man nano's should not be there.
Old 07-26-2009, 12:23 PM   #4
Pro

lolfalconsbeatu's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll2tide
So I've been reading some other boards and I see post after post about:

• Rocket Catching is toned down, but still extremely effective.
  • War Catching(looks like cutting off the route early on a low trajectory pass and making the catch while the DB fails to react and still plays the area where the ball should have gone, which is a few yards behind the WR) is extremely effective.
  • 3 Man nanos are back from the Quarter and Dollar formations. Unstoppable heat from 3 DL + 1 or 2 LBs mixed with a working BNR/M2M defense is deadly.
  • Wildcat can be manipulated to run an actual college style option play on some automotion plays when timed with the playclock correctly.

The nanos and Wildcat stuff concerns me the most. Just a few days in and the list of exploits in these 2 areas is growing like mad. I'm hoping that a few mods or CD guys might have copies of the final build and can tell us if there are major AI differences between the demo and final build that might eliminate some of this type of stuff.
As I mentioned in another post, I really believe the team didnt just 'look over' RCing, and they actually noticed the horrible physics that are displayed. However, if people CAN Rocket Catch during an All-Pro or All-Madden match, of the demo with the 5 min quarters HIGHLIGHTING the fact that it is on All-Pro, and Ian says that the team will jump on addressing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
I think you're jumping the gun on RC'ing.

When people can do it on All-Pro (online's default setting) and can show it to me reliably, we'll jump on addressing it. That hasn't been shown. We addressed this at the root - with better locomotion and momentum. It is much harder to stop on a dime now, especially on All-Pro/All-Madden.
So basically if you know someone that can RC in the All-Pro modes of Madden '10, please show some evidence so that quite possibly the team can throw in some type of patch to save online gaming.
Old 07-26-2009, 12:37 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 9

I think people just like typing "Rocket catching". Contrary to OS belief, guys do actually jump to catch the ball in the NFL. Now it shouldn't be something that you can trigger and it works with 100% efficiency, but you can't just take WR jumping out of the game. I think Madden 10 handles it pretty nicely personally.

Nano's is another one of those terms that people like to throw around. Anytime someone gets sacked, they want to cry Nano. I agree with LBZ's post above.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/bgdave39
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2009, 12:54 PM   #6
Pro

lolfalconsbeatu's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgdave39
I think people just like typing "Rocket catching". Contrary to OS belief, guys do actually jump to catch the ball in the NFL. Now it shouldn't be something that you can trigger and it works with 100% efficiency, but you can't just take WR jumping out of the game. I think Madden 10 handles it pretty nicely personally.

Nano's is another one of those terms that people like to throw around. Anytime someone gets sacked, they want to cry Nano. I agree with LBZ's post above.
I honestly agree with ur point that guys do actually jump for the ball in the NFL, and thats not what the dispute is about when talking about Rocket Catching, IMO. I believe that the user should not be allowed to have the capabilities to cut off a recievers route, turn on a dime -- come down with the ball, while the CPU defender is still in the process of turning around lol.

Reality is that the jumping animations are perfect in Madden..but when the user can cut off the WR's routes, and turn on a dime, the CPU does not do that because it maintains its physic principles, which gets totally negated when the user takes control of the CPU for some reason. Basically the turn rate for a CPU WR should be the same as the turn rate for the USER Controlled WR. The DB Should neevveerr just stand and watch the WR Jump, catch the ball, and then w/e happens from there happens..

Jumping in the NFL does happen, ALL THE TIME, and on most routs, with the exception of the slant route (unless you throw the ball high), the WR wont jump, or curl routes -- the WRs always Jump for the ball...maybe not as drastic as some occasions..but my point it--jumping happens in madden, and in the NFL ...just not Rocket Catching..

Last edited by lolfalconsbeatu; 07-26-2009 at 12:58 PM.
Old 07-26-2009, 01:18 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgdave39

Totally agree with the post. I notice that too-especially since I am at a big tourney/league site...a lot of not so bright people and a lot of them are cheesers so they used nanos and RC'd all the time...this year you can still do it, but it doesn't move the CB out of the way and you can make a play on it so they don't pull it down. Then people were screaming nanos when there was a video with more Dmen than the OL...stupid. The demo is annoying though because I notice on replays I get sacked/hit in the backfield because the OL doesn't engage, but seeing as it is the alpha version I am sure that is fixed. The only things I don't like the look of in the demo I have noticed that may not be fixed in the final is the over the shoulder catches which can't be hit(from videos) and SO MANY broken tackles I was in a gang tackle of 2 on Willie Parker and he broke out of it...Ben broke out of an LB's tackle...then there are RyanMoody's videos.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »