Home

"SIM-STYLE" ballers..what goes on in your head?

This is a discussion on "SIM-STYLE" ballers..what goes on in your head? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2009, 01:27 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: "SIM-STYLE" ballers..what goes on in your head?

I think that is the gist of it. To punish users who don't play sim AGAINST those who do.

Two 14 yr olds get together online, the game isn't going to be sim. But if one of these kids are playing against a guy who is good at the sticks AND knows his football, he shouldn't be outplayed or matched because some guy is running around the pocket with his head chopped off throwing it 30 yards up field.

I never played Madden 09 online, never played it much offline either. I've played about 5-6 games online and was .500 and I quit playing it there not because I couldn't win, because the crap was annoying quite frankly.

It's like playing NBA 2k9 and all your opponent does is full court press, and takes Kobe and runs around the court like a monkey randomly pressing the steal button.

I consider myself sim, and what I want from SIMULATION games. All I ask is for the game to represent it's sport well. When playing against a opponent, the user should be punished IMO for not playing sim.

If lead blocking was taken off because it gives the linemen a advantage in blocking then it's obvious why it was taken out. Maybe they will tweak it and add it in as to make it a risk/reward type of thing next season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2009, 01:30 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintari
Sounds to me that you're just ticked off cause you're gonna get owned this season haha.

Ian decided to reward people who play correctly and punish those who play "madden ball". That means no more rolling out 10 yards and throwing off your back foot, 80MPH across your body to an open WR 30 yards up field. Those days are over and it's about sweet time in my opinion.

I would always laugh at the "madden nation" players when they played me in 2K8 because they couldn't play sim. It was like playing against my mother or something. I'd always have to explain to them that in 2K8, you have to let your QB stay in the pocket, plant his feet and THEN throw. They just couldn't adjust because of how ridiculous Madden is.

I'd suggest you buckle down and learn how to play correctly or you're gonna 53-398 this year.
Im not ticked off at all because ill get owned. ive been very successful in the past years playing madden because of my ability to adjust to each new game. so dont go making assumption about me, you dont know me, and wont know me through these posts. I can guarantee you that regardless of how madden 10 plays, ill find ways to master it, thats a hobby of mine, and its won me thousands of dollars
Old 07-26-2009, 01:34 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 7

m10 still not a NFL simulation anyways so sim ballers wont be playing sim regardless.
Old 07-26-2009, 01:35 AM   #28
Banned

Nintari's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiasco West
When playing against a opponent, the user should be punished IMO for not playing sim.

Exactly..and that's why imo the mandatory QB drops and slower QB speed is going to be the biggest change this year. Yes, the slower overall speed matters too but NOTHING is going to equalize online "maddenites" more then the way the QB plays this year. No more rolling out, no more throwing on the run with good accuracy, no more dropping back 20 yard etc.

Even if all these dopes decide to start playing sim with the QB, people like us are going to be so far ahead that they'll probably never catch up this year. It's not an easy transition to make.
Old 07-26-2009, 01:36 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSolutionKMH
m10 still not a NFL simulation anyways so sim ballers wont be playing sim regardless.
Do you have the game?

Sliders and settings can do a lot for a game... It's not perfect with the broken tackling animations but the series is going back in the right direction if you ask me.
Old 07-26-2009, 01:38 AM   #30
Banned

Nintari's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGames
Im not ticked off at all because ill get owned. ive been very successful in the past years playing madden because of my ability to adjust to each new game. so dont go making assumption about me, you dont know me, and wont know me through these posts. I can guarantee you that regardless of how madden 10 plays, ill find ways to master it, thats a hobby of mine, and its won me thousands of dollars
You didn't win that money playing with a game that forces you to play the QB properly though. You now have to let to CPU drop you back, read the field and make a snap throw to the right guy. No more running around like a monkey until someone opens up.

So what I'm saying is, you better play this demo day and night because the sim ballers are already years ahead of you as we speak.
Old 07-26-2009, 01:40 AM   #31
Pro

parrothead's Arena

OVR: 9

I know it's impossible, but this argument would be moot if there were 2 versions, or really two games. If they released say Head Coach 12, with actual Madden "sim" gameplay, and Madden 12 with the more "freestyle" guys in mind, they would make a killing, and everybody would have their own game. Because really that's what us "sim" guys want is Head Coach, with online functions, and Madden gameplay "sim" style. Oh, and here's a few more quotations in case I didn't use enough " " " " " ".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2009, 01:40 AM   #32
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintari
Sounds to me that you're just ticked off cause you're gonna get owned this season haha.

Ian decided to reward people who play correctly and punish those who play "madden ball". That means no more rolling out 10 yards and throwing off your back foot, 80MPH across your body to an open WR 30 yards up field. Those days are over and it's about sweet time in my opinion.

I would always laugh at the "madden nation" players when they played me in 2K8 because they couldn't play sim. It was like playing against my mother or something. I'd always have to explain to them that in 2K8, you have to let your QB stay in the pocket, plant his feet and THEN throw. They just couldn't adjust because of how ridiculous Madden is.

I'd suggest you buckle down and learn how to play correctly or you're gonna 53-398 this year.
Its doubtful. Good players practice alot and learn and adjust. They will study every nook and cranny of the AI and create offensive and defensive schemes that will be impossible for average players to beat.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »