Home

"SIM-STYLE" ballers..what goes on in your head?

This is a discussion on "SIM-STYLE" ballers..what goes on in your head? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2009, 04:05 AM   #65
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: "SIM-STYLE" ballers..what goes on in your head?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phixius
I perfer to rely heavily on my football knowledge rather than heavily on the controls to win games. I control what I do on the field but I want to win because I had a great gameplan, not because I have better reflexes.

That was last gen. That style is getting old. Master the sport, not the video game.

I don't want to wait every Sunday to watch football, I would like to challenge someone online with a gameplan and calling the right plays, not "lab" and use cheap plays to win.
Which is what I said. You helped prove my point.

Ray Lewis should be able to play defense in this game pretty good. Peyton Manning should be able to go through defenses in this game. Joe Gibbs should be able to tell me what plays to call and I should most likely win online.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2009, 04:06 AM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGames
I COMPLETELY DISAGREE with that
just because these guys are proven players and coaches doesnt mean they should be able to pick up the sticks and do alright, should madden players be able to put on pads or make a gameplan for the week in the NFL?

that type of statement is the reason why i honestly feel like "SIM" players look for a cheap way to "LEVEL" the playing field(no offense just my opinion) by putting more control in the hands of the AI and taking out CONTROL features, if anyone could just pick up the sticks and be good, that would be making the game TOO easy to play, and that what im saying you guys want, you want something too easy to play, that and you have UNREALISTIC wants, its a videogame

dont get mad at me, canes21 is a rep of the "sim" community
1. To say that NFL coaches and players shouldn't be able to whoop our butts in play calls and schemes is just ignorant. Of course they might get beat because lack of stick skill but overall they should be very competitive. Nothing beats a very close to perfect playcall unless the opposing player makes a hell of a run or throw. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzThn8pkpC0

2. I agree that video gamers shouldn't be able to play in the NFL right off the bat (that's obvious) but the Madden series is suppose to be a simulation video game not an arcade game. I can tell you might not understand since you seem to not be able to tell the difference between arcade and sim.

3. I noticed with your recent post that your preception of a sim player is to pick a good play and watch our A.I do the rest. Your basically knocking at our skillz thinking we have no stick skills and etc. Knowledge is power in the NFL but madden lets kids and teenagers who don't understand football or haven't even played it become decent or to your so called ELITE madden status pop on a show like madden nation participate, win and then have the nerve to say im good at football.

4. There still a ways to go before we can call it sim. Were still missing double team blocks, a good locomotion for both sides of the ball, WR/DB still needs work, LB play needs retuning, etc. So enjoy this years madden 10 because when 11 comes out it should have every aspect that a sim game would have and then 12 should be tuned accurately for sim play. Or so i hope.
R.I.P Sean Taylor #21

Washington Redskins
Los Angeles Lakers

XBOX 360 Gamertag: HOLLYWOOD III
Old 07-26-2009, 04:08 AM   #67
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Quote:
I just dont get that, so whats the point of a controller? maybe you guys need to be asking for a game called "NFL knowledge football"

until you guys stop asking and playing "real" football, you'll always be what good players call "bums" (no offense) its just fact. its a VIDEOGAME and you simmers dont get that, and wont
Its a football SIMULATION. I play Forza because it recreates racing, real racing. I should be able to take my racing knowledge online and beat someone who just plays PGR4 all day.

The same should apply to Madden. It should b 75% knowledge, gameplan, etc. 25% stick skills, teams, player ovr's, etc.

― Plato
Old 07-26-2009, 04:14 AM   #68
Banned

Quote:
I just dont get that, so whats the point of a controller? maybe you guys need to be asking for a game called "NFL knowledge football"

until you guys stop asking and playing "real" football, you'll always be what good players call "bums" (no offense) its just fact. its a VIDEOGAME and you simmers dont get that, and wont
Of course you don't. You're not trying to get it. People been posting great examples throughout this thread and you're just turning the blind eye and ignoring them because you prefer the old outdated last gen style.

Madden is marketed as simulation. This is why people are upset. This isn't last gen. Get with the times. I'm sorry I don't know what else to tell you. You're just being stubborn. I'm not going to find flaws in the a.i. to use to my advantage. I rather for them to be fixed.

The way you play, I call that garbage.

I expect stuff like that from NFL Tour because it's marketed as an arcade game.

Last edited by Phixius; 07-26-2009 at 04:16 AM.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:15 AM   #69
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phixius
I perfer to rely heavily on my football knowledge rather than heavily on the controls to win games. I control what I do on the field but I want to win because I had a great gameplan, not because I have better reflexes.

That was last gen. That style is getting old. Master the sport, not the video game.

I don't want to wait every Sunday to watch football, I would like to challenge someone online with a gameplan and calling the right plays, not "lab" and use cheap plays to win.
In that regard, if you don't already, I would recommend you find a group of online friends who are trusted and play Madden against them. I agree with you and that is why i play only unranked now and trusted people.

What little thrill there is to beat some non-sim gamer with true sim play, to me that gets old fast as you find most non-sim players play the same. You beat one, you beat them all. I feel that my sim gameplay is very good myself, and friends have asked why i don't go to madden events, my short answer is that I don't want to waste my time and money at one of those events. I admit that I don't think my sticks ar up to par with the best tourny ballers out there. I have played enough ihgh level gamers online in ranked games and been killed by pure cheese.

I will go to a madden event when you are rewarded for playing in the spirit of the game and not trying to break it. I don't want to ruin the game of football with "a game of madden" as MG would say.

To the point, if MG is better at "Madden" than me, fine, good for you, but I am willing to bet that I am better at football than my opponent. To me, who ever is better at football is all that matters. I really could care less about leader board and all of that jazz.

Last edited by PGaither84; 07-26-2009 at 04:38 AM.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:18 AM   #70
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
In that regard, if you don't already, I would recommend you find a group of online friends who are trusted and play Madden against them. I agree with you and that is why i play only unranked now and trusted people.

What little thrill there is to beat some non-sim gamer with true sim play, to me that gets old fast as you find most non-sim players play the same. You beat one, you beat them all. I feel that my sim gameplay is very good myself, and friends have asked why i don't go to madden events, my short answer is that I don't want to waste my time and money at one of those events. I admit that I don't think my sticks ar up to par with the best tourny ballers out there. I have played enough ihgh level gamers online in ranked games and been killed by pure cheese.

I will go to a madden event when you are rewarded for playing in the spirit of the game and not trying to break it. I don't want to ruin the game of football with "a game of madden" as MG would say.

To the point, if MG is better at "Madden" than me, fine, good for you, but I am willing to bet that I am better at football than my opponant. To me, who ever is better at football is all that matters. I really could care less about leared board and all of that jazz.
After all that you misspelled opponent. lol

Seriously though. What would your local Gamestop do if you went to the midnight tourney and sat in the pocket, ran the ball, did some play action, did a dink and dunk passing game, played ball control, etc. They would probably be surprised or get bored to death. I for one would find it funny if I saw someone play sim on Madden Mania or something.

― Plato
Old 07-26-2009, 04:21 AM   #71
Rookie

Quote:

NFL knowledge football should be what we call Madden. It should be a mixture of stick skill and knowledge. It seems like you lack the knowledge though (no offense). And even though you say "its a VIDEOGAME and you simmers dont get that, and wont" NFL 2k5 opened a lot of gamers eyes confirming that sim play can be done. As Ian would say "Everything you see in Madden" is what madden is becoming.

I don't understand why your upset. You and the madden elite ballers can buy the infamous book Football for Dummies.
R.I.P Sean Taylor #21

Washington Redskins
Los Angeles Lakers

XBOX 360 Gamertag: HOLLYWOOD III
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2009, 04:26 AM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 5

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »