Home

Accelerated Clock?

This is a discussion on Accelerated Clock? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2009, 12:27 PM   #17
Pro

lolfalconsbeatu's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Accelerated Clock?

I HOPE the Accl. Clock isnt the default for online Ranked games!!!lol...the 5 min demo was sooo short, I played with my dude and got like 2 possessions each half, and really took away from the 'chess match' feeling. If the Accl Clock is the default for Online Ranked matches, I hope the quarters are close to 10 min then instead of 5..
Old 07-26-2009, 01:01 PM   #18
Bob Loblaw

Jonsco28's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
The problem I'm having with the accelerated clock in the demo is it takes the clock down to much and does not leave me the time I want to look over the defense and make any possible hot routes or audibles. I won't be using this feature.
That's exactly why I love this feature. Getting to the line with 30 seconds on the play clock so you can virtually change your entire play is incredibly unrealistic. It's too easy to exploit a defense when you have all that time to send guys in motion and hot-route all of your receivers.

Plus, the pace of the game with the accelerated clock is awesome. I love it, and I am very happy to see it in. It's also nice that they have given options to set the run-down time as well as the ability to shut it off if you don't care for it. Very nice.
Old 07-26-2009, 01:46 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolfalconsbeatu
I HOPE the Accl. Clock isnt the default for online Ranked games!!!lol...the 5 min demo was sooo short, I played with my dude and got like 2 possessions each half, and really took away from the 'chess match' feeling. If the Accl Clock is the default for Online Ranked matches, I hope the quarters are close to 10 min then instead of 5..
I think online ranked will be 7 mins acc clock I heard Ian say that was the default offline in an interview, I know it won't be what it is in the demo since that was more of a preview then what an actual game will be.
Old 07-26-2009, 01:55 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 8

I'm goin to play 15min quarters with acc. clock set at it highest ( 15sec left on play clock). It feels more like a real game that way.

PSN ID- WoahThatGuy
Text: (910) 770-1533

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »