Home

The End Results: Nothing Else Matters in the NFL/Madden Era

This is a discussion on The End Results: Nothing Else Matters in the NFL/Madden Era within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 03:49 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 8
The End Results: Nothing Else Matters in the NFL/Madden Era

EA has truly dumb down the football community to where the majority will accept anything. i dont know if they plan it but it for surely the outcome. majority seems to just care about the end results and dont care HOW?(from my observation being in these forums)

end result: PICK

how:defender jump the route before the WR even cut to his route. his back is turned and he has no eyes on the ball. community dont care cause they got the pick

end result: 60 yd run TD

how: blockers was either missing blocks or going to the wrong person but u juke on way and then broke off 4 defenders and ran daylight. community dont care they got the TD

end result: sack

how: DT got in untouched in a 3 man rush. community dont care they got the sack

end result: 40 yd bomb TD

how. ROCKET CATCH. and the defender had a clean mid air hit but A.I. time shift the WR to the ground then truck the CB and proceed to the endzone. community dont care they got the TD

this is what EA is doing to us(not me of course but the football gaming world) and its really sad. some people see it, some dont want to see it, and some flat out dont care and just want to play a NFL game. EA football games are poor quality games but as long as the have the license its nothing we can but pray EA finally replicates the NFL sometime in this generation of consoles.

you can defend what i say all u want but IMO this is my version of THE TRUTH and its coming out alot of people texts when they write.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2009, 03:52 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: The End Results: Nothing Else Matters in the NFL/Madden Era

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoHouse2814
EA has truly dumb down the football community to where the majority will accept anything. i dont know if they plan it but it for surely the outcome. majority seems to just care about the end results and dont care HOW?(from my observation being in these forums)

how:defender jump the route before the WR even cut to his route. his back is turned and he has no eyes on the ball. community dont care cause they got the pick

how: blockers was either missing blocks or going to the wrong person but u juke on way and then broke off 4 defenders and ran daylight. community dont care they got the TD

how. ROCKET CATCH. and the defender had a clean mid air hit but A.I. time shift the WR to the ground then truck the CB and proceed to the endzone. community dont care they got the TD

this is what EA is doing to us(not me of course but the football gaming world) and its really sad. some people see it, some dont want to see it, and some flat out dont care and just want to play a NFL game. EA football games are poor quality games but as long as the have the license its nothing we can but pray EA finally replicates the NFL sometime in this generation of consoles.

you can defend what i say all u want but IMO this is my version of THE TRUTH and its coming out alot of people texts when they write.
Welcome to 2003. This is nothing new. Madden will always be madden, it's a sad truth.
Old 07-26-2009, 03:57 PM   #3
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

People have been complaining about this stuff for years. The new dev team has just started fixing it on the development cycle. Madden 12 is the title I am looking at to really produce a realistic game of football. It's going to take them some time to get rid of all the bs that Ortiz allowed in the game.
Old 07-26-2009, 06:32 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
People have been complaining about this stuff for years. The new dev team has just started fixing it on the development cycle. Madden 12 is the title I am looking at to really produce a realistic game of football. It's going to take them some time to get rid of all the bs that Ortiz allowed in the game.

its ALWAYS next year or the yr after with madden
Old 07-26-2009, 06:46 PM   #5
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTTFREE226
This is the first year we have had a development team in place that has actually tried to improve the game. I see where you are coming from but you have to give the new guys a chance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2009, 06:57 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 8

the new dev team fix the passing but the pass defense is still suspect. blocking and running still needs work, special teams fall in place but kicking i feel should be have some sort of difficulty to it. this NEW team got alot of work to do if they serious about this new approach
Old 07-26-2009, 06:59 PM   #7
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoHouse2814

You really need to give it a rest. We, the Sheep, know all of this stuff is wrong and had hoped it would be fixed, same as you "truth chasers." But, at this time, it is what it is. Now you can rant and protest all you want, but the truth is all you can really do is have the same choice to either buy or not. The exclusive license isn't going anywhere for a bit. And all the complaining in the world isn't going to get Madden to the level we all want this year. The game is gold. So let's possibly stop with the sterotyping and the calling people stupid for the choices they make, after a fashion.

I know that Madden still has a long climb from the abyss. But guess what?! So does Ian. Now either buy it or not, but please don't be the latest of "saviors" of the blind. One thing I have found during my 6+ years on here is that there is a broad demographic that posts here. Dentists and Lawyers, Professionals and Factory Workers, like myself. But one thing they all have in common is that they are pretty knowledgable about gaming, sports gaming in general. That's kinda why Ian ended up here, and stayed... So please give it a rest....

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 07-26-2009, 07:03 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTTFREE226
bc theres no profit in saleing a perfect game....they rather give it to u part by part.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »