Home

Do You Guys Think We Will Ever Get a Sim Football Game

This is a discussion on Do You Guys Think We Will Ever Get a Sim Football Game within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2009, 05:39 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Do You Guys Think We Will Ever Get a Sim Football Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manbearpig
how about coverage AI, CPU QB AI, differenciating ratings that work/make players unique, sliders that work and allow you to tailor the game to you, good/deep/unqiue playbooks. Thats ALSO what SIM is
besides the playbooks and sliders you right and 2k8 does it the best
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2009, 05:41 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiders81tim
No. Videogames can be great sims. And until I get a great football sim I won't be just accepting anything.
What games are great sims? Sim games don't sell, and the purpose of selling a video game is to make money. You won't be accepting anything for a long time.

I mean, really, I might start doing this with all other forms of entertainment. I want to make sure my movies are "sim", you know, I could replay them over a thousand times and make sure all of the interactions are 100% realistic and the physics are perfect.

Video games are for kids and expecting some ultra-realistic lifelike simulation of a football game is downright unrealistic.

Old 07-26-2009, 05:41 PM   #27
Rookie

playbooks and sliders are user content to help the process of simulation but simulation at the CORE will ALWAYS BE THE 22 players on the field
Old 07-26-2009, 05:53 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean3790
What games are great sims? Sim games don't sell, and the purpose of selling a video game is to make money. You won't be accepting anything for a long time.

I mean, really, I might start doing this with all other forms of entertainment. I want to make sure my movies are "sim", you know, I could replay them over a thousand times and make sure all of the interactions are 100% realistic and the physics are perfect.

Video games are for kids and expecting some ultra-realistic lifelike simulation of a football game is downright unrealistic.
If you don't like it, don't buy it. Its not like they are forcing you to buy it. Stick with 09 by all means if you do not agree. Have fun dropping back twenty yards and firing a forty yard bullet pass while the defender is cleary beat, but then magically catches up to swat it down while morphing through your receiver. More power to you.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:57 PM   #29
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean3790
That didn't make any sense.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:58 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 6

What are you talking about? I'm arguing against all of you nitpicking Madden for it's flaws. I'm totally going to buy it...did you honestly not comprehend what I was saying?

Old 07-26-2009, 05:59 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankbl
And I'm sure you have played both games extensively...

I know a lot of people are jaded by the Madden 10 demo's graphics and slowness, but when you take a step back and look at it for what it is, it is still broken in many aspects, especially AI.
dude, i've been playing 2k5 since it first came out, and i can already tell by just the demo for Madden 10, that Madden 10's gonna be miles above any other football game ever made.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2009, 06:01 PM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by marginwalker
dude, i've been playing 2k5 since it first came out, and i can already tell by just the demo for Madden 10, that Madden 10's gonna be miles above any other football game ever made.
that eye candy is strong

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »