Home

Do You Guys Think We Will Ever Get a Sim Football Game

This is a discussion on Do You Guys Think We Will Ever Get a Sim Football Game within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2009, 06:30 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Do You Guys Think We Will Ever Get a Sim Football Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean3790
I'm starting to realize that, but thanks. Some people here care WAY too much about a game.

As for sims not selling well, I'm talking about real-life simulators. They're usually text-based and stuff.
Get off your high horse. People are passionate about alot of things in life why would a "game" be any different. Alot of us wouldn't even be here if it weren't for the Nfl deal, so get over it.

Please give me an example of these real-life simulators because I am totally not following you.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2009, 06:39 PM   #42
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

sim gaming is subjective........

personally i cannot sim gaming from any sports game... nba live 09 came the closest... glitches, bugs, wacky animations, i can overlook all this is the game can capture some feeling of true gameplay.......

what is sim to me ? real life tendencies incorporated, i'll explain...

madden can become sim in 2 ways..

1.GETTING RID OF THE GOD'S EYE VIEW CAMERA ANGLE.... the camera HAS to be field height, where the proper height of players can be expressed making passing a real challenge seeing over a 6'5 guy while trying not to have a blind spot. people always complain that the cpu cant run on them, how can they run the ball when as soon as the ball snaps you can see the angle and move to it freely avoiding where blockers are. ..... if the cam were low then you would have to read where the lanes are, which meant that you would not be getting to the back immediately blowing up the play....

same for covering Wr we know if its a lob or bullet as soon as the qb passes the ball and we know exactly when to jump to pick it, if anyone ever played football with your buddies you know how hard it is to cover them.

2. tendencies, tendencies and star players...

the main frustration i have with games, the stars are greedy and no game simulates this. madden plays like little league football where the coach says" hey jonny did not get a touch yet pass it to him" ..... the cpu needs to force the ball to their star players forcing the user to try to stop it..... i watch games every sunday and Qb's miss wide open guys because they are going to their star player forcing the action if there is the slightest room to pass it in there.

this is not sim because no matter how decent i play or follow the rules of " sim" i always find myself saying " why does moss have 4 catches, he had single coverage all game" or " why on third and long is ball not going to bolden or fitz i dont care if they are one on one with the Db throw it to your best player...... i'm not saying role players dont make plays but at least force it to you best guys thats how they make their name.........

P.s- if the left side of you line has 3 probowlers run to the left more please!!!!!!!

i would like to know what this game simulates because it not nfl action, head to head games can come close to "sim" but the camera still giver us advantages guys on sundays dont have.......

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 07-26-2009, 06:41 PM   #43
Pro

OVR: 5

What games are sim? NHL 09 is a good sim, fifa 09 another, forza is a great sim, mlb the show another one, as well as nba 2k8, fight night round 4 is pretty damn good as well.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:23 PM   #44
Pro

masterkembo's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiders81tim
What games are sim? NHL 09 is a good sim, fifa 09 another, forza is a great sim, mlb the show another one, as well as nba 2k8, fight night round 4 is pretty damn good as well.
I didn't want to get involved here, but you lost all validity when you said nhl 09 was a good sim. Have you ever actually watched a hockey game?? NHL 09 plays nothing like a real hockey game. Is it a good game? Yes, I won't dispute that it's an entertaining video game but it isn't even close to a "sim" of the real thing. MLB 09 is good but it has things that would get ripped apart in this forum. I can't speak for the other 3.

It all comes down to weather or not the game is fun and entertaining. If a game is entertaining the majority of people will forgive it for its errors (see 2k5)
Old 07-26-2009, 07:44 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterkembo
I didn't want to get involved here, but you lost all validity when you said nhl 09 was a good sim. Have you ever actually watched a hockey game?? NHL 09 plays nothing like a real hockey game. Is it a good game? Yes, I won't dispute that it's an entertaining video game but it isn't even close to a "sim" of the real thing. MLB 09 is good but it has things that would get ripped apart in this forum. I can't speak for the other 3.

It all comes down to weather or not the game is fun and entertaining. If a game is entertaining the majority of people will forgive it for its errors (see 2k5)
I concur. I enjoyed 2K5 over Madden but it still doesnt take the fact away that it has horrible sliders and the defensive AI (especially pass defense) was horrible. My defenders would cover a receiver in the endzone only to run away from them and leave them wide open for a touchdown. How real is that?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2009, 07:59 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatisback
I concur. I enjoyed 2K5 over Madden but it still doesnt take the fact away that it has horrible sliders and the defensive AI (especially pass defense) was horrible. My defenders would cover a receiver in the endzone only to run away from them and leave them wide open for a touchdown. How real is that?
well for its time its was the best simulation. dont forget this is a 5 year old game with 5 year old technology in the consoles they was played. 2k made the best simulated sports game with the highest quality and tech it had in its time, and it got better when 2k8 came out and that game didnt even go through a full DEV cycle and 2k8 gameplay is light years away from madden gameplay

2k8 is Voyager length going home(yes im a trekky) and madden is where klingon empire stay
Old 07-26-2009, 08:08 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoHouse2814
well for its time its was the best simulation. dont forget this is a 5 year old game with 5 year old technology in the consoles they was played. 2k made the best simulated sports game with the highest quality and tech it had in its time, and it got better when 2k8 came out and that game didnt even go through a full DEV cycle and 2k8 gameplay is light years away from madden gameplay

2k8 is Voyager length going home(yes im a trekky) and madden is where klingon empire stay
I respect your opinion and agree with it being five years old. But when everyone compares Madden to 2K5 (the best example of a sim) they forget that it is practically unplayable due to sliders and bad pass defense. Yea, the physics are great and the visuals are stunning for last gen, but that doesn't take away the fact of the sliders and pass defense.

2K8 I was impressed with. It seemed as though the pass defense was a little better, but the sliders were still pointless in regards to helping pass D.
Old 07-26-2009, 08:15 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 9

Madden can do it, but its going to take a completely new engine. that may not be until PS4s & X-Box 1080s (or whatever they might call it) comes out. granted, ian is doing a lot to make things better, i don't know if they're willing to take the time & money now to completely revamp the engine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »