Home

call to all Madden 10 ps2 online gamers

This is a discussion on call to all Madden 10 ps2 online gamers within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2009, 09:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
call to all Madden 10 ps2 online gamers

Long time MaddenMania member here and this is actually my first post here at OS. I love the articles and the forums rock. I want to preface this by saying that I am not hating on the nextgen Madden 10, I just have a difference in opinion as to what football gameplay should be. In my opinion, and I'm going to get flak for this, the ps2 madden series is still the best around. I was interested to see that many voted the 2005 ps2 madden as the best madden ever. That got me wondering, if it's the best madden ever how come we are all so quick to jump to the next gen game? Because the presentation is flashy? Because the graphics are stunning? I for one am currently playing madden 08 for ps2 online which has anywhere between 40 and 90 guys on at any given time. Again, I'm not hating on Madden 10 but I'd really like for someone to tell me that the running animations look more realistic then they did in Madden 2005.

Apologies for the long winded intro but I would like to start this thread for all the cheese-free ps2 players that will be making Madden 10 (ps2) their game of choice.

My EA Nation name is rylenol, what's yours?

See you guys on the field.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2009, 10:19 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: call to all Madden 10 ps2 online gamers

Don't let this dream die, we can bring it back.
Old 07-26-2009, 10:32 PM   #3
Rookie

MrShowtime's Arena

OVR: 5

i'll be rocking the ps2 madden 10 for a while. Had 360 but had to sell it so im back on the ps2 until maybe around xmas. So im back on this boat. And feel the same way you do about the gameplay.
Old 07-26-2009, 11:15 PM   #4
Rookie

Hey Showtime,

This is the first year where I'm actually feeling anger towards the new Madden product. I'm not hating but if I were a producer I'd have a real tough time looking consumers in the eye and telling them, "this is the most realistic player movement/physics engine we could produce". Don't get me wrong, I'm all for awesome presentation and cut scenes, which they've achieved gloriously, but the gameplay is at such a state that playing the game isn't as fun as it used to be. And that's why I'm going going, back back to ps2.

See you online.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »