Home

I know its a demo, but whats the point of Pro-Tak

This is a discussion on I know its a demo, but whats the point of Pro-Tak within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2009, 09:12 PM   #73
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: I know its a demo, but whats the point of Pro-Tak

"Hey crew, we need to focus on something to improve upon this year."

"How about we come up with some new dog-pile gimmick."

"Sounds good. What's a good name?"

"How does Pro-Tak sound?"

"Sounds good. We'll promote it as 'Fight for every yard' or something. By the way, make sure to get those Forest Gump clips ready so we can work on running animations."

Bells and whistles, my friends. Bells and whistles.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:22 PM   #74
Banned

OVR: 10

i dont want to say it was a marketing plot, just overhyped at the moment.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:28 PM   #75
Banned

OVR: 6

these is what i expect pro tak to look like. i dont want it to be very violence like bb, but i want weight, speed, and strenth to determine the out of pro tak not just some crappy animation.

go to 59 sec to see what am talking about
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F95Z2wkiUNs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2009, 10:09 PM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echopax
"Hey crew, we need to focus on something to improve upon this year."

"How about we come up with some new dog-pile gimmick."

"Sounds good. What's a good name?"

"How does Pro-Tak sound?"

"Sounds good. We'll promote it as 'Fight for every yard' or something. By the way, make sure to get those Forest Gump clips ready so we can work on running animations."

Bells and whistles, my friends. Bells and whistles.
Careful, truth equals locked thread. Pro-tak will be removed or named something else next year. Oh, I guess I'm supposed to say the following: At least they are trying, it's better than last year, at least we have a say in making the game better, and so on and so forth. Oh yeah, and if I don't like it, don't play it. Ever hear of buyer's remorse? That's how the demo is getting. Great at first, but then it starts to feel like a mistake. Last one: this is only the demo, we cannot judge until the final build!
Old 07-27-2009, 10:51 PM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by harnalien
Careful, truth equals locked thread. Pro-tak will be removed or named something else next year. Oh, I guess I'm supposed to say the following: At least they are trying, it's better than last year, at least we have a say in making the game better, and so on and so forth. Oh yeah, and if I don't like it, don't play it. Ever hear of buyer's remorse? That's how the demo is getting. Great at first, but then it starts to feel like a mistake. Last one: this is only the demo, we cannot judge until the final build!
brilliant!
Old 07-27-2009, 10:53 PM   #78
Banned

BLBxLakers24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by StonesRunIt
i dont want to say it was a marketing plot, just overhyped at the moment.
Thats exactly what it is. EA just sit around and think of something that will not change the gameplay, and something that sounds "Cool" that they can over hype and market.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:08 PM   #79
Pro

zpq12's Arena

OVR: 9

Isn't this what people have wanted since 2K5? Its at least reminiscent of that system, if nothing else its a step in the right direction. From what I've played of the very short demo, I feel like theres more to tackling this year, more variety and unpredictability.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:21 PM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 5

all i can say is that i have not been able to stomach a full game against the cpu on any of the maddens that have been released for the 360, but i have played multiple games on the demo and still want to play more. either ea has actually brainwashed me and i am thinking the same crap i used to hate is now good or they made the game a lot better. i just tested the brainwashing theory by playing madden 09. that game is still awful, so madden 10 must have done something right.

i do have my criticisms of the game though. pro-tak has made an obvious difference in the game. right now it is definitely a bit off though. guys warp through pile ups as they hit the ground and end up 8 feet past the pile. watching the replays it seems like pro-tak creates a barrier around the ball carrier that stops the tacklers momentum. what i mean is if you watch most of the tackles at the moment of impact it seems like the tackler comes to a stop for a split second and then grabs onto the ball carrier, stopping any type of realistic looking gang tackle from happening.

even with the kinks pro-tak brings a lot to the game. if pro-tak has been tuned since the time they had to have the demo ready then i will be even happier, but it is playable as is,

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »