Home

For Those Who Anticipate Madden 2010 Is For Real

This is a discussion on For Those Who Anticipate Madden 2010 Is For Real within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2009, 02:39 PM   #9
Pro

lolfalconsbeatu's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: For Those Who Anticipate Madden 2010 Is For Real

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
AHHH!

You like the game, I dub thee Fanboy!
lol...I no right, thats the bail out move that a lot of the people that are fan boys of 2k and backbreaker nowadays.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:46 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 12

Criticism gives EA something to aim for. Kissing their rear-ends leads to complacency and assembly-line Maddens.

You guys should THANK the "2K trolls" for pushing EA to make changes.

Madden 10 may be the best MADDEN game, but it's not the best NFL football video game.

2K5 still holds that crown.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:56 PM   #11
Pro

lolfalconsbeatu's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherscourge
Criticism gives EA something to aim for. Kissing their rear-ends leads to complacency and assembly-line Maddens.

You guys should THANK the "2K trolls" for pushing EA to make changes.

Madden 10 may be the best MADDEN game, but it's not the best NFL football video game.

2K5 still holds that crown.
Exactly, you nailed it on the head. I was going to mention in my previous post that I am still very critical on certain issues on madden, because the sad truth is that about 5 years ago, on systems that had less technology...they are still ahead of the 'Next Gen' consoles...

..And not only that...The Madden Faithful are mainly asking for things that were in EA's old product for the previous gen. such as running animations, and blocking schemes that we were spoiled with before lol..

So I give it up the Apex (although dude can ramble)..cause he keeps EA on there "P's and Q's"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2009, 03:19 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 3

Intelligent criticism, Yes

Mindless trolling (ATTN MODS, NOT CALLING ANYONE A TROLL), making 10 minute videos nitpicking, saying EA is evil, etc, No.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:30 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsFan1113
You are correct...I am a huge 2k football fanboy.....but my heart always belonged to Madden and just like the "girl that got away" i was disgusted with what she was doing with her life and didn't want to be a part of it. The constant late night phone calls saying she changed and wanting me back....a few early moments giving in and going back only to find that it was the same and sometimes even worse. Warning her that unless she fully changed across the board we were done forever. I had a new love that treated me right and had everything i was looking for. Then the old flame kills her and gets away with it. And i have been playing 2k5 ever since, along with an underrated 2k8. But this rehab she went and got with her doctor....Sir Ian Cummings and his rehabilitation team has got me stoked about a reunion and life long happiness. We met again on July 23rd after a few years of seperation and i have to say that she is not only beautiful now, but her mind and personality have transformed for the better as well. I can't wait to take her home on August 14th and show her how much i missed her. This occasion even requires a midnight pick-up. My only hope is she doesn't turn into a rundown ugly maid who looks after step mother and step sisters. I hope the glass slipper fits. And i have never been more confident that it will. So long 2k5+8. You knew this was a possibility no matter how much is seemed unlikely. Wow this post is getting fruity. Point looking to make....it's been a long time since i've been excited about Madden and this is the year it's back as my game of choice.
Classic! Awesome! You describe exactly how I feel.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:36 PM   #14
MVP

I also think that I will spend more time in practice and truly develop my skills as a Madden baller. I may even enter a few tournaments.

Also, I think that in the Franchise mode, I will really pay attention to the drafting process and be involved at every level of that mode. Realism makes it more fun to play.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:03 PM   #15
MVP

Matt Diesel's Arena

OVR: 20

I think it is great for what it is; a video game. It feels as though it is progressing in the right direction finally. And that is all you can realistically hope for in a year dev cycle. You can only do so much in a year. Yes, it has been a long time coming and should have been done years ago, but it does look like it is finally coming to fruition; a step toward more realistic 'simulation' style football.

Also, confidence and feedback from dev team makes it easier to realize it is a stepping stone to greater things.

Its not like a major investment where you have to take out a loan or remortgage your house. Its a 60 buck video game. What do you expect for 60 bucks? I am not saying your money is not important on what you spend it on, but really. It offers entertainment and enjoyment for , at least, a month. At least. Most, much longer.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »