Home

GAME BREAKING BUG - Madden 10 and NCAA 10

This is a discussion on GAME BREAKING BUG - Madden 10 and NCAA 10 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2009, 03:43 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: GAME BREAKING BUG - Madden 10 and NCAA 10

Sweet, I'm not the only one who has noticed this! I've gone into practice mode and tested all different kinds of routes against bump-n-run, but the WRs always go right. I've brought this issue up to Ian and claims that the WRs also go left but eh... maybe it's the demo?

Anyways, this is from a thread I created on the NCAA boards, but it didn't get much attention

Quote:
Originally Posted by icomb1ne
How come whenever CBs jam WRs they ALWAYS release the WR to the right side. Unless I'm missing something, the left CB would probably want to release the WR to this left. It does not matter which route the WR is running or which side they are on, the WRs always go right. Has anyone else seen otherwise?

Old 07-27-2009, 03:48 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 6

yea noticed this is NCAA this year, if its in madden the i will lmao
Old 07-27-2009, 04:00 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 8

Also, if you have seen otherwise... prove it!
Old 07-27-2009, 05:00 PM   #20
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Check out the 27 sec mark of this new vid that was posted on teamxbox. 4 WR all releasing from the right in unison. It's really odd. I never noticed that before. Good call.

On another note of this vid, I think Romo is being controlled by the cpu and if that is the case there are 3 times in this short vid that the cpu didn't throw to open receivers because of some strange reason.

Once he throw to a cover WR and the receiver caught the ball but, payed the price, while a WR is uncovered going down the field.

The other time 2 WR were uncovered running seam patterns and Romo ended up getting sacked but, had ALL day to throw.

If that is the cpu controlling Romo then I'm a little worried. If that is a human controlled Romo () he's a horrible player

http://xboxmovies.teamxbox.com/xbox-...h-Steelers-HD/

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 07-27-2009, 07:10 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 21

Due to the crying nature of certain people on the boards lately, the day after I got NCAA 2010 I posted in a NCAA devs arena I wanted to talk in private about a problem in the game. I did not wont to make a big todo about it because people are in lunchbox mode right now, and I wanted the dev to verify it.

No answer. I had only told 2 people about it in private, before I finally wanted an answer and posted the problem in one of the NCAA threads. I cant remember which one now.

Press coverage is a game killer for single player games. I cn do the same thing in the Madden demos and NCAA. If you call Dime man and then press coverage, all you have to do is manually control a safety and blitz and the CPU loses its mind. It will throw the ball just about anywhere. You can pretty much 3 and out the cpu every series. it may get lucky once every 10 snaps and get a first down before the next series where you will 3 and out it.

CPU can't seem to run againts it either.

There is also ALOT of the same crazy stuff that can be done online in NCAA thats always been. Today I played a guy who used Ohio St. This guy was incredible. He would scramble around with the QB so effectively then chuck the ball down field. Most of te time he did not have to though as the QB would just outrun everyone. He used those same mystery angles someone else used on me. There is something they are doing because you will see there man at some point get a quick burst of speed which makes the screen jump, then you notice all your men chasing him slow down.

I managed to keep the games close for a little while by contains and spys and blitzes but these guys just probe for what you aint covering and on the next play they call a route that they know will be open or the hurry up offense and audible. I managed to get him 4 and out a few times but if you dont out score these guys its gonna be hard to win.

Which leads to the non-sense on D. They are lining DE's up WIDE ala Madden 2000. At the snap the speed blitz so fast the Tackles cant get back to block, dang near instant sack. You can then make adjustments to your Oline and keep guys in to block but this is what they WANT you to do. You still dont have alot of time to throw and with the press coverage being so good, and LB's dang near tackling WRs on crossing routes, your odds of completing a pass are slim....not to mention when they do get their hands on the ball the defense hits them as soon as they catch the ball and they drop it. Even when you have focus on catch called in your gameplan.

Some of yall I can tell are not gonna accept this as yall are hoping upon hope that madden is gonna be the game you finally wanted. IMO it will be for the most part but barring a major difference between the retail version and the demo NCAA and Madden play 95% the same on the field. Thats what has me worried about the online part of the game.

Also, I do believe the OP is right about the WR. I had noticed online playing games my #1 WR would ALWAYS seem to be covered and never could get inside whoever was checking him. I did not notice whoch side he was releasing to but I am gonna go check this now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2009, 07:12 PM   #22
MVP

Oh and for the record the guy with the incredible Ohio ST gameplay was a guy named ozzfest 07 go find him and play him if you have NCAA 2010. The other guy was AgGIEs1985
Old 07-27-2009, 07:19 PM   #23
MVP

OH, and on a side note. You can overcome the man press tactic by calling like a shotgun tight formation and TEs dont get pressed that bad, they just get mugged sometimes crossing the middle.

We really need to start a thread on how to counter this stuff. That would be a good thing.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:33 PM   #24
MVP

So far it looks like the OP is right but there is a caveat.

The all the Wrs do seem to always go to the right when pressed.
Only route I seen that does not exhibit this behavior is the slant. It just takes a long time for the WR to get away but he does go left on slants or tries to.

I believe you can counter it all though by using motion and various formations that dont line your WRs up on the line, at least the ones you want to not get pressed. You can move your WR's around so its all pretty strategic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »