Home

GAME BREAKING BUG - Madden 10 and NCAA 10

This is a discussion on GAME BREAKING BUG - Madden 10 and NCAA 10 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2009, 02:44 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: GAME BREAKING BUG - Madden 10 and NCAA 10

LBzrule is talking about general deficiencies in CB play. I'm talking about the gameplay dynamics being completely different on the right side of the field than they are on the left side of the field. I don't think this issue was present in 06,07, or 08. I don't have those games anymore and so I can't say definitively, but check out the 1:32 mark of this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dAbO...om=PL&index=12

This is Madden 2008. The receiver is on the right side of the field breaks away from press coverage by making a move to the left. This doesn't happen in 2010.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:13 PM   #58
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhawkmike
LBzrule is talking about general deficiencies in CB play. I'm talking about the gameplay dynamics being completely different on the right side of the field than they are on the left side of the field. I don't think this issue was present in 06,07, or 08. I don't have those games anymore and so I can't say definitively, but check out the 1:32 mark of this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dAbO...om=PL&index=12

This is Madden 2008. The receiver is on the right side of the field breaks away from press coverage by making a move to the left. This doesn't happen in 2010.
Ow! My eyes... I had forgotten how bad the graphics on 08 were lol. What a horrid game that was, and that has nothing to do with the graphics.

Interesting issue you pointed out. I have noticed this a bit in the demo but I never took the time to test it out to see if it happened all the time.

The bug needs to be corrected, if it hasn't already. The only thing that makes this an infintesmially less of a game breaker than in years past is the fact that with the toned down DB swat and little extra arc on passes this year, on the plays where I had Fitz run a slant on the right side and he released right, I was able to throw the pass over the DBs head (when the Safety didn't come over to help) and have it go for some big gains.

It's still just a band-aid though, and I would prefer to have more variety in the outcomes of when a WR gets pressed.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:34 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 8

Wow this is a SERIOUS issue that needs to be fixed, this can be horribly exploited and even in a single player game if you know about this bug you will almost certainly use it now and then.

Hopefully a dev addresses this one way or another.

Last edited by swanlee; 07-28-2009 at 04:40 PM.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:08 PM   #60
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

I'm talking about both actually. For the longest of time in madden it has been this way. The WR on the left always gets the inside release against the press. The one on the right gets the outside release. I remember this in every madden I have played and I've played every one of them. This is the way it has always been. Which is why streaks are great on the left and fades are great on the right. They may patch it, but in the end it only sets us up to want shading our corners. Even in 2005 and 2006 PS2 when you could shade, the CB's did not shade that well and the quick pass was always there on the left because the WR got the inside release. That's why a lot of guys would call the backwards " ) " corner route to the left side of the field, easy 1 step and inside release.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:25 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 4

Hope someone looks into this also, works against zone D:

It's the WR Double Pass. In the Arizona playbook under single back doubles I believe, but yeah that's it. just put the RB on a slant to the opposite side as the WR. hike and throw to rb instantly.

The play I am speaking of makes the defenders blitz.
" Sonny Liston is nothing. The man can't talk. The man can't fight. The man needs to take talking lessons. The man needs to take fighting lessons. And since he's fighting me, he needs falling lessons."

Muhammad Ali...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2009, 05:38 PM   #62
MVP

OVR: 52

An engineer just fixed the inside-release issue...we're trying to squeak that into our first patch (finalizing now).

We're investigating the Zona double pass as well as the rocket-catch allegations. If we can track them down by tomorrow we'll get them in patch 1, otherwise they'd be patch 2 candidates (if they are indeed valid).

Old 07-28-2009, 05:39 PM   #63
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
An engineer just fixed the inside-release issue...we're trying to squeak that into our first patch (finalizing now).

We're investigating the Zona double pass as well as the rocket-catch allegations. If we can track them down by tomorrow we'll get them in patch 1, otherwise they'd be patch 2 candidates (if they are indeed valid).
wow, very cool. Thanks for the quick turnaround. Is patch one due out on release day?
Old 07-28-2009, 05:41 PM   #64
MVP

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
wow, very cool. Thanks for the quick turnaround. Is patch one due out on release day?
Nah it'll be slightly afterwards...not sure on the exact date (I never am) but it won't be too long past 8/14.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »