Home

Video of All Starting Quarterbacks and Signature Styles!

This is a discussion on Video of All Starting Quarterbacks and Signature Styles! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2009, 09:00 AM   #49
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: Video of All Starting Quarterbacks and Signature Styles!

The only animations i could tell are those of the guys i watch the most.

ie. Manning , Rivers and Brady were spot on.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:12 AM   #50
Pro

OVR: 18

FAN-tastic! Great work to get all these styles in the game this year.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:30 AM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 8

Incidentally, I noticed there's no alex smith throw-style. I offer my own picture of his tremendous technique.

If his throw-style looked anything like this in the game, he'd have the most recognizable throw style in the league! Check out the conga line forming too - it almost looks like something you'd see in madden

Last edited by MattieShoes; 07-28-2009 at 09:33 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2009, 11:03 AM   #52
All Star

OVR: 21

I thought Brady's looked spot on, also liked Rivers and Eli. Byron Leftwich's looks nothing like him (long windup). Peyton's looked weird to me. Tiburon dropped the ball by not going further and doing signature drops imo. Also think they need to redo how QBs follow-through on throws. In the demo, some of it looks good (some of the off-balance stuff w/Ben looked nice), some okay, some pretty bad (mainly the flat-footed throws, the way they "reset" their body position, ball trajectory sometimes looks weird, etc.)

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 07-28-2009, 11:08 AM   #53
Pro

SeaNNyT's Arena

OVR: 10

Leg spread on drop back plants needs work. Also the footwork overall could use work, especially when going into the throwing motion.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:22 AM   #54
Rookie

Old Mr T's Arena

OVR: 5

Can't say I noticed much difference between them all. Romo, Russell, Brady, Manning and perhaps one or two others seemed different but most seemed the same. If nothing else, at least they're trying to enhance the NFL realism factor. In addition to animations, it'd be great to see QBs with different throwing speeds, trajectories etc so the gameplay was actually affected, but all in good time I guess.

I was never a fan of NFL2K5 gameplay personally, but the presentation was awesome. I look forward to the day when we can watch a full highlights program featuring matches from around the league to accompany each week of the season in Franchise mode. Be great to see highlights of how other teams are playing with commentary over it, as opposed to just seeing stats/standings.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:33 AM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattieShoes
Incidentally, I noticed there's no alex smith throw-style. I offer my own picture of his tremendous technique.

If his throw-style looked anything like this in the game, he'd have the most recognizable throw style in the league! Check out the conga line forming too - it almost looks like something you'd see in madden
It was a video of all the starting QBs, earlier in the thread i believe someone says that Smith got his signature throw style.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2009, 11:50 AM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mr T
Can't say I noticed much difference between them all. Romo, Russell, Brady, Manning and perhaps one or two others seemed different but most seemed the same. If nothing else, at least they're trying to enhance the NFL realism factor. In addition to animations, it'd be great to see QBs with different throwing speeds, trajectories etc so the gameplay was actually affected, but all in good time I guess.

I was never a fan of NFL2K5 gameplay personally, but the presentation was awesome. I look forward to the day when we can watch a full highlights program featuring matches from around the league to accompany each week of the season in Franchise mode. Be great to see highlights of how other teams are playing with commentary over it, as opposed to just seeing stats/standings.
The QBs in M10 do throw with different throwing speeds and trajectories. Leinart gets rid of the ball faster then Warner and drops back quicker but he is less on the money then Warner. Brain St. P also drops back quicker then Warner and is way less accurate and I notice he under throws the ball a lot. Anyways this is what I notice with my play time in the demo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »