Home

Madden NFL 10 Hands-On Preview

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Hands-On Preview within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2009, 09:03 PM   #129
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 10 Hands-On Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuddleMonkey
It's a freaking game kiddies! You want realism put your wireless controller down, turn off the plasma tv, and go the **** outside!

Best sim idea ever
Old 08-02-2009, 10:03 PM   #130
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieBlack
I AM PISSED OFF with OPERATION SPORTS. When you sensor people like APEX you show that you lack the balls necessary for a real sports form. Do not sensor APEX or others for speaking the truth. THIS IS AN ACT OF COWARDICE FROM OS. FOR SHAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Censor.

If they "sensored" Apex he'd be pissed, no one wants to wear one of those. Especially the collars.
Old 08-02-2009, 10:05 PM   #131
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieBlack
I AM PISSED OFF with OPERATION SPORTS. When you sensor people like APEX you show that you lack the balls necessary for a real sports form. I do not care who argues with who, you are a form that is supposed to represent both sided of the sports fence no matter what. I cannot express my disgust at OS for your actions. EVERY EA FAN BOY IS A BITCH, if you do not take the time and hold a company that snatched fair competition away accountable. I have been playing madden from the beginning, and I root for there success. I expect great things from madden, as I should because they are the only game in town. They brought this scrutiny upon themselves and thy should be doing better. Do not sensor APEX or others for speaking the truth. THIS IS AN ACT OF COWARDICE FROM OS. FOR SHAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1st impressions are great.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2009, 10:08 PM   #132
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cydonia
Blocking is bad. Linemen actually run away from obvious blocks. Sad. Give up the hype. The physics engine needs to be fixed. Still has morphing all over the place. A ball actually going right through Troy Polamalu's hand as he attempts to swat it? Please. Check out "apexisfree" on youtube. The truth is out there.

Linemen miss blocks in the NFL all the time. If all the linemen in the game always made the correct blocks they'd be 99 OVR. Watch a game and see missed blocks all the time. Watch the Cowboys/Eagles game from week 17...you'll see a lot.

Morphing happens in EVERY video game, all of them. Guys in COD 4-5 morph into walls. It is nearly impossible with tech today to prevent it, Even low demand games like fighters suffer from it, writing all that code for 22 players would take up the entire disc.

It's a game right?

Name a video game that perfectly simulates real life. Impossible.
Old 08-02-2009, 10:15 PM   #133
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
Linemen miss blocks in the NFL all the time.

Lineman in real life do not RUN AWAY from blocks, which is what he said.
They also don't stare down & sidestep/move out the way to let a Dline-man waltz right by.
Old 08-03-2009, 03:48 AM   #134
Rookie

OVR: 3
i love the sliders. i will turn the cpu qb accuraccy and my qb accuracy slider down, speed differences up, run blocking up, and pass blocking up. in madden 09 if i was in man it was an automatic completion and if they were in man it was an automatic completion. the cpu qb stats would be 20 out of 23 with 2 interceptions everygame which is not real. in madden 09 i would run 3 times for neg 3 yds and then get a 19 yd run later on. i never had consistent 3 to 4 to 5 yard gains it was either neg or a first down. with run blocking up ill be able to get a 4yd gain instead of nothing when they only have 5 in the box. with speed differences up ill be able to break away from slower people which i never did in 09. jus bec i play on all madden doesnt mean steve smith cant run faster then linebackers.with the sliders ill still be able to play with smart ai(all madden) and have fun. by using the sliders to help my weaknesses (pass defense and run blocking) i will have a fun, realistic scored, and realistically played football game. in 09 i crushed cpu on all pro and when i put it on all madden my stats would suk and the cpus would be amazing but somehow i would win. it wasnt fun rushing 3.3 yds a carry, throwing numerous picks, getting sacked repeatedly, and somehow at the end of the game winning. i want to play a game where i have good numbers and it still being a close game. hopefully the sliders willl do this and by the sounds of it the sliders do work. ps the my skill madden test thing sucked bec i would play a game and the qb would have an amazing game and complete every pass but i would get one pick and the pass defense would get harder than all madden. another example is when i can only get 2 yds a carry on the ground but score 3 tds so rush offense gets harder. this system has verry little logic.

animations are so real in the demo and i love pro tak but wr db animations make no sence and my guys will tak on to to the tackle but sometimes i cant do it with the player im controlling. very little problems in the game, can be patched and tuned to perfection very easily. now that theres something to work around madden will just keep on getting better.
Old 08-03-2009, 06:12 AM   #135
MVP

OVR: 22

Just wanted at to apologize if i had gotten SteveOS and MMChris mixed up (once again!) when i praised one or the other for their work and writeups...as i mentioned in another post..i get the two guys confused all the freaking time..both do very similar excellent unbiased work though for various sports genre's....maybe thats why

Thx again guys

Last edited by Moegames; 08-03-2009 at 06:18 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2009, 01:31 PM   #136
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Progenitor
Lineman in real life do not RUN AWAY from blocks, which is what he said.
They also don't stare down & sidestep/move out the way to let a Dline-man waltz right by.
it is a videogame with limited resources... eventually they will probably be able to add every animation that shows the lineman missing a block in an appropriate way to our needs every time. In the meantime the point still stands that they need to have missed blocks or the game would NOT be realistic. You are arguing over a lack of an animation, not the AI or game play. the AI is designed to miss or do poorly on some blocks (and other things like pass coverage as well etc) it's just that not EVERYTHING can always have a proper animation for it, yet.

whatever happened to using a bit of our imaginations on some things?

Last edited by Klocker; 08-03-2009 at 01:46 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »