Home

People give the DEVELOPERS of Madden props for TRYING to make the game better.

This is a discussion on People give the DEVELOPERS of Madden props for TRYING to make the game better. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2009, 11:25 PM   #33
Banned

Nintari's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: People give the DEVELOPERS of Madden props for TRYING to make the game better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody2goody
It would be great if 2K came back and at least equalled Madden in terms of quality, but is it likely? Probably not.
Well, 2K8 has better gameplay then Madden and did so with a 6 month dev cycle for crying out loud.

Visual Concepts knows what they're doing with football. 2K baseball sucks, NHL is good, but not great. NBA2k is the best in basektball and their football games are always superior gameplay wise.

I don't see anything holding them back if they get the license again. Like I said, losing the license has actually bettered their chances imo because it's created this mystique about their games. Kids these days hear stories about the once mighty NFL2k franchise kind of like our grandfathers telling us about Ted Williams.

There would be a RIDICULOUS amount of anticipation the likes we've never seen from a NFL game.

Last edited by Nintari; 07-27-2009 at 11:27 PM.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:28 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: People give the DEVELOPERS of Madden props for TRYING to make the game better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankbl
Disclaimer: This is not a hate/flame/troll post. This is an honest response to the OP, featuring constructive criticism and what have you.

"I'm new to this forum, somebody told me to check this one out. Anyway all I see is MADDEN HATE why?
"

We have been patient long enough. It has been 5 years since the last good Madden IMO which was 2005. I, for one, am tired of settling for less year after year. And judging by the demos, M10 is more of the same. Look passed the glitz and the glamour and you will see the HORRID problems that STILL plague this series.

"Nobody is forcing you to play the game. And I bet if some of you were to be ON the dev team you would make the same damn mistakes. Because I'm sure that you all don't know everything about what it takes to make a game."

EA isn't forcing us to purchase anything, but they have limited our options to just them. So if I want an up-to-date NFL game, my only choice is Madden. And guess what, are you a director or producer of feature films? No? Do you ever criticize movies or tv shows because of bad directing/editing? Just because you are not in the same professional field as someone else doesn't take away your right to criticize someone else's work.

"Now Not all of you are haters I posted on a few threads and saw videos that are POSITIVE I don't remember which thread or who it was. Actually I like the direction Madden is going."

Everyone like the direction Madden is going. Slowly but surely, each game is getting better and better. That's a given. Those positive threads, if you look at them in a non-bias manner, don't mention the horrible AI/animations/glitches. Instead, those things are swept under the rug to focus on how purty the game is, and how the super-slo-mo is so much more realistic this year....when it's not. The demo is set to slow, not normal speed.

"People reflect and enjoy all the positive changes they have made since the previous one. Instead of wasting time venting about something you have no control over."

I am happy about the fixes to the game that were made. But the fact remains that even if Madden 10 turns out to be the best Madden ever, the game is still not where it should be. Aside from that, there are still glaring broken gameplay issues that have gone unaddressed for years.

This is NOT a fanboy post. I do not hold allegiance with one company or another. I am just a fan of simulation sports video games, especially football. And the truth is, judging by the demo, NFL 2K5 still bests Madden as far as being the closest NFL simulatioin goes, with better presentation, better AI, better animations, and better atmosphere. If you take an honest look back, NFL 2K5 - a game that came out 5 years ago - has less glitches and AI problems than Madden's current state.

"PS. Im sure they know what wrong with the game, because they [EA] made it!"

Has that ever stopped them before? Last I checked, EA also made...well...every Madden game in existence.
I completely agree. You said everything I wanted to say. Thanks. I can't stand fan boys that keep defending and pitying EA. Last gen was better. If they would have just kept the same "engine" and the great features there would be minimal complaining.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:37 PM   #35
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echopax
The facts that players still glide on the ground like it's an ice-rink during the end-play cut-scenes, QBs crouch getting ready to block after throwing the ball, tronn-jogging, and horrible running animations are still in the "2k5 killer" quirks me.

Madden NFL 10 improved presentation drastically, prettied up the graphics (again), and polished up certain gameplay and franchise mode aspects. That is great.

Unfortunately, they forgot to polish up the gameplay. Five years, now, of horrible running animations isn't worth $60. Five years of tronn-jogging is unacceptable. Five years of terrible logic with player interaction is unacceptable. Five years of QBs STILL not having proper DROP BACKS, not throwing animations, but DROP BACKS (specifically bouncing more), is unacceptable.

Sure, I may buy Madden this year, but that's mostly because I know some of my friends will be, and I will look passed the game's problems to have fun with my friends.

But, trust me. If Madden NFL 11 has ANY, and I do mean ANY, of the problems I listed in this post, I will write Madden off forever.

I'm giving Ian and crew the benefit of the doubt this year. I'll bite into the "well this is the first year" talk, but next year BETTER be different.

I'm not a 2k fanboy. I'm not a Madden fanboy. I'm an NFL fan. I'm a gamer. I just want a game that plays JUST LIKE the NFL. I don't care if EA is slapped on the cover, I don't care if 2k is slapped on the cover. Just deliver a damn realistic sim game. It's the year 2009 for crying out loud.
You are absolutely right. But I am officially done with Madden. 09 was the only one I owned of this gen and it was horrible. I used to think it was good but then I played 2k8 and never went back. I had played 100s of games online in madden too. I sold it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2009, 11:46 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 5

I was really hoping for home run this year but i'm afraid it is'nt.Not that i'm not gonna buy it but i've been telling all my friends who gave up on MADDEN years ago, that this was the year 2 come back so we could all get together like we used 2. But from what i've seen(demo) their gonna dog this game.Those running animations & robotic movements,are gamekillers 4 them.They say until it plays like MLB 09 don't bring MADDEN their way.so i'm a little disappointed.I know i can still play online but theirs nothing like playing against your boys
Old 07-27-2009, 11:58 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 1

Excuse me? Why should we give them 'props' when it is THERE JOB TO MAKE THE GAME BETTER. And they have been failing in doing this for the last 5 years! All I've seen is better graphics throughout the Madden series. What else has changed for the better? Nothing.

Madden 10 has the same BS that was in Madden 09, which had the same BS from 08, 07 and 06...Is it really that hard to get tackles, blocking, catching and AI logic right? 2K5 was made 5 years ago, and is STILL better than the washed up game that EA is sending us in August.

But no worries, MADDEN 11 WILLZ B DA BEST YAYZ!
Old 07-28-2009, 12:05 AM   #38
Banned

who is actually new on this dev team anyway?
Old 07-28-2009, 01:27 AM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
Well you kinda answered your own question so to speak. The fact is that most demos still have bugs and glitches that the final version does not have. So before you truly judge the game play the final version. You don't have to buy it, that's why Gamefly, Blockbuster, and other video stores exist.
Bravo, Bravo, encore Thank you!
Old 07-28-2009, 01:31 AM   #40
Rookie

Mad 69's Arena

OVR: 10

I guess some people are easily impressed and settle for mediocrity... does the O.P. really not understand the hate?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »