Home

People give the DEVELOPERS of Madden props for TRYING to make the game better.

This is a discussion on People give the DEVELOPERS of Madden props for TRYING to make the game better. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2009, 04:17 AM   #49
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: People give the DEVELOPERS of Madden props for TRYING to make the game better.

There is no try, you gotta do. Well, M10 is not there yet, so no props. Like i said, heading in the right direction, but no props yet. THey will get props from me, when i feel they can pass 2K8 on the field. Until then. No dice.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:12 AM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: People give the DEVELOPERS of Madden props for TRYING to make the game better.

This is my first post, though i've been a fan OS since I was frustrated with Madden 09 and needed to check if I was the only one. On that note, judging from all the postive reviews and great videos on youtube, I would like to thank Ian and the gang for bringing me back to Madden. The game seems pretty cool not complete but not the crap fest that was 09; that was the first Madden I ever sold and I actually hated the franchise, you folks have peaked my interest and hopefully will restore my faith in the brand.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:27 AM   #51
Pro

Jump's Arena

OVR: 12

Get back to me in 6 months. If I can still play madden and not turn the game off within a quarter, then I will give props.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2009, 07:31 AM   #52
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
As i said before in another popular thread.. the reason why you see alot of hate is that ..hate sticks out much more then people that are happy.
Seems like anything negative said is now being classified as "hate", when a lot of it could easily be classified as frustration. Frustration from having no choice, which isn't Tiburon's fault. Frustration from the game not having a lot of good iin it for many years, which is Tiburon's fault. Either way I don't think it's as simple as classifying everything as hate. I'm not saying hate doesn't exist, just saying anything said negative shouldn't automatically be classified as hate.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 07-28-2009, 10:20 AM   #53
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody2goody
The OP is right, remember this is the first game with the new team working on it, and reviewers actually seem excited about it.

They have made leaps forward, and yet all we see on these and other boards is MOANING.

I'm going to buy the game this year, and I haven't even played the demo. I didn't like 09 I thought it was a waste of time.
new team, same company! And not all members of the devs are new, just rotated positions.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:06 AM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Seems like anything negative said is now being classified as "hate", when a lot of it could easily be classified as frustration. Frustration from having no choice, which isn't Tiburon's fault. Frustration from the game not having a lot of good iin it for many years, which is Tiburon's fault. Either way I don't think it's as simple as classifying everything as hate. I'm not saying hate doesn't exist, just saying anything said negative shouldn't automatically be classified as hate.
You have a point there. I would say that people are pre-maturely expressing frustration with the demo only. Now I subbed this guy Barney and he seems to have an UN-bias and realistic view about this madden drama!
Old 08-02-2009, 11:37 AM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 7

Give them props or a pat on the back? Um...NO! What the Devs did was their job which is making a good video game. I'm not about to get on my knees and say "Ooooh, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!" for this game. If EA was putting out a product that improved Madden each year from 2005 to now, then they would be getting praise from fans. The only thing I can say is, "You've finally caught up and with a little more grooming, you'll be in the driver's seat." I haven't bought Madden since 2006 and for the right reason.

I'm reading the Offline Franchise mode and I'm impressed that it's getting back to where it was in 2005. There needs to be video highlights at halftime and post game shows. If 2K5 did it in 2004 on last gen system, what's the problem? Highlights from other games around the league, even do "game breaks" from other games around the league. Collingsworth is very thorough at commentary but Hammonds mails it in and is HORRIBLE. Scrap him for God's sake.

In short, Madden is almost there. EA should take this game and build upon it. Go back and look at NFL 2K5 presentation and production values and build on them. You have the technology, DO IT. The game can be a mirror image of what we see on every Sunday in every facet of the game. Gameplay and presentation. Apex said it best, Madden 10 should not be compared to any other game, Madden 10 should be compared to Real NFL Football.

Last edited by swiftychampleone; 08-02-2009 at 12:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2009, 12:26 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 5

Why would we give props to a huge team of guys that manages to add no more than 1 or 2 significant features to a game (usually at the expense of removing 1 or 2) that even while adding only a mere 2 features can't seem to fix problems that have been in the game for years?

Alot of people don't give EA props because they don't really try to do anything.

Granted, I think Madden was at one point the worst pro football game you could possibly play, they have at least been slowly (very slowly... almost not moving) going upwards. I'll give them props for that, but quite frankly EA is a very lazy company on the sports side of things, and it shows.

It's sad that a game 5 or 6 years older than Madden 2010 will probably end up yet again still having features and functions that work better than anything Madden has ever produced. Perhaps no one noticed, but when Madden had competition EA was making a pretty damn good football game. Now? No dice... Madden has at best been mediocre each year than after. For that matter, Madden 06 and 07 were pretty terripathetisad.

Last edited by Poetique; 08-02-2009 at 12:29 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »