Home

3-4 Defense...

This is a discussion on 3-4 Defense... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2009, 06:51 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
3-4 Defense...

For those who know a little bit about 3-4 Defense and how is suppose to be ran.. Is it ran properly in this years Madden unlike last year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2009, 06:54 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: 3-4 Defense...

Better, but not even close to what it should be. Still feels more like a 4-3 than a 3-4.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:14 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Looks like I just found an answer to me question..

Quote:
5) How is a line interaction? More specifically, how does the game handle and include the 3-4 defensive schemes?

Answer: The 3-4 defensive scheme is in the game, however, just how effective it can be vs. your opponents offensive line has yet to be fully determined. The good news is that the offensive line now forms a pocket around the quarterback, which is much more realistic, and definitely allows the defense a greater chance at getting the sack. With that in mind, gameplay sliders and player ratings can play a huge part in how well the center or tackles can handle the defense’s pressure. Some games I seem to get a fair amount of penetration, while other times not so much. The better ends in the league do get double teamed frequently, but that doesn’t always translate to penetration on the other side of the line. Hopefully, I can figure out why this is happening by adjusting sliders ,etc
http://www.gamecinemahd.com/article/...nds-on-preview
Old 07-27-2009, 08:11 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 16

Its better. I would just like to see the Lineman actually get double teamed if they are great players. That is the thing that hurts the 3-4 defense.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:47 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 8

I'm just being anal-retentive here, but there isn't really a "how 3-4 is supposed to be run." Belichick does it totally different than most teams and Bills in their heyday did things like offsetting the front 3 with respect to the OL. There's a large amount of variation in 3-4 schemes across the league.

I really do hope it's equally effective compared to a 4-3 though. (overall)
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »