Home

Man Coverage issue

This is a discussion on Man Coverage issue within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2009, 01:39 AM   #25
Rookie

KingsRock91's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Man Coverage issue

Got two questions for the OP:

1. What difficulty were you playing on?
2. Had you run that route previously in that game, and if so, how many times and how effective were you?

The adaptive AI could have switched on, but idk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2009, 01:46 AM   #26
Pro

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattieShoes
Hmm, I can understand why the man coverage thing is annoying. It'd be great if it was more realistic, but if these were the only two options, which would you have?

A) CPU CBs actually cutting before the receiver and reasonably effective man coverage (aka. Madden 10)

B) Receivers breaking before CB and totally useless man coverage, resulting in zone coverage calls every single down. (aka. Madden 09)

I'll go with A. It's not an ideal solution, I agree. But as weird as it sounds, I think it's a step in the right direction.
True, I will go with A. Now it just needs some good tweaking and it will be perfect.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:46 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsRock91
Got two questions for the OP:

1. What difficulty were you playing on?
2. Had you run that route previously in that game, and if so, how many times and how effective were you?

The adaptive AI could have switched on, but idk
This

The AI is finally adjusting to people using the same routes over and over again and then they call BS I have yet to see a DB cut in on a route like this in my games. I have seen the defense gear towards run stop after running the ball several times though.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:55 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 7

all the matrix care about is the end results. how? is irrelevant therefore u get post like this
Old 07-28-2009, 02:27 AM   #29
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Simple answer is that the Ai knows everything that is in the game. The AI knows every play you pick and every move you make. But once you play on all pro the AI really kicks it into high gear then. No matter what your WRs do. The can never hardly get any breathing room to get the ball. But in the NFL you see WR getting open all the time. The logic for the AI to crap. It seems if you play on pro and below the AI is to dumb. But if you play on all pro and beyond then it seems like the AI turns it's players into superman. I still see that crap in the demo. Though I will still buy the game. This problem really needs to be address. Another thing that bothers me is when I toss the ball down field are to a WR on the field. There is usually 2 are 3 defenders on the WR I am throwing to. This getting to crappy.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:46 AM   #30
All Star

OVR: 33

Adaptive AI.

I did this sort of drill in training once. I ran an in route 4 times in a row against a DB, and on the 5th time he read it like a book.

Its all about context.

Maybe that dude threw that same in route 17 games in that game.

However the thing is, he threw the ball anyway!

LIke he threw the intercept just to prove a point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »