Home

The Madden War wages on...

This is a discussion on The Madden War wages on... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2009, 10:04 PM   #1
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
The Madden War wages on...

So, here we are, knee-deep in the epic battle of whether the Madden 2010 demo will save the world and give a decent hummer. In the meantime, I'm curious how many people here have largely stopped reading the forums here. For myself, I find myself skipping a lot of threads entirely, or unwilling to reply.

So I figured I'd create this thread and give a space for those like me who have played the demo, smile and nodded, and now patiently await the full game. We're not "zomg worried" about the videos, we're not freaking on what was or was not in the demo, we're just biding our time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2009, 10:42 PM   #2
MVP

dbeth's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: The Madden War wages on...

I was/am a 2k diehard, but really started getting interested in Madden again when Ian came on board. I started snooping around the Madden forums about last May (2008) and kept abreast of everything developing.

Got such good feelings about the game that I preordered it about a month ago. Since then, however, I've really gotten sick of coming to the Madden section on here. It's become the classic "one month before & after ugliness" that happens in every forum around release. No one follows/cares about the rules, repetitive threads pop up everywhere, and everyones undies get in a bunch.

I think I may join you in taking the next 3 weeks off from this section of the forums and just play the demo to death.

Go Badgers!
Old 07-27-2009, 10:45 PM   #3
MVP

MelMan1486's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbeth
I was/am a 2k diehard, but really started getting interested in Madden again when Ian came on board. I started snooping around the Madden forums about last May (2008) and kept abreast of everything developing.

Got such good feelings about the game that I preordered it about a month ago. Since then, however, I've really gotten sick of coming to the Madden section on here. It's become the classic "one month before & after ugliness" that happens in every forum around release. No one follows/cares about the rules, repetitive threads pop up everywhere, and everyones undies get in a bunch.

I think I may join you in taking the next 3 weeks off from this section of the forums and just play the demo to death.

Agree... it's hard to find a quality post now, all the posts are guys that make accounts just to start a thread complaining about the game. I try to skip over the ones that seem negative.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:51 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 11

I came on here every day for months reading threads, once i learned that online franchise doesn't have salaries, and that online team play will be 2 players against a CPU team, I took about a 3 week break, this is my first time back. I doubt I'll buy the game.
24-8 Madden 12 Record.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:53 PM   #5
Rookie

don28's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
So, here we are, knee-deep in the epic battle of whether the Madden 2010 demo will save the world and give a decent hummer. In the meantime, I'm curious how many people here have largely stopped reading the forums here. For myself, I find myself skipping a lot of threads entirely, or unwilling to reply.

So I figured I'd create this thread and give a space for those like me who have played the demo, smile and nodded, and now patiently await the full game. We're not "zomg worried" about the videos, we're not freaking on what was or was not in the demo, we're just biding our time.
I thought that the demo was good. A massive improvement in the Madden genre. Looking forward to release date.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »