Home

You Call Yourself Sim, Prove It!

This is a discussion on You Call Yourself Sim, Prove It! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2009, 02:27 PM   #81
You know why I'm here...

jWILL253's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: You Call Yourself Sim, Prove It!

I think that a lot of people who play tourney ball are gonna be pissed when Madden 10 comes out. No roll n' chucks, little to no RC, toned-down physics to cut back on the Insta-Turn, adaptive AI, no money plays, no perfect defensive sets, etc...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2009, 03:21 PM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHAM
If you claim your Sim, tell me what team you use and how they play. What do you do to simulate the REAL team?
I'm close.

Some Sample Questions:

What offensive sets does your team run?

Mostly two back or two TE sets

Defensive sets?

4-3, lots o' man coverage

Does your team use a base defense?
OneGAP/TWOgap?

Depends. They have done both.

Whats their defensive philosophy?

Beat the crap out of you . They are a 4-3 team. Really though, this team communicates presnap a whole bunch. Since I don't know what they're saying when I watch, I can only guess, but it's a team built around fundamentals and persuit.

What plays do they call near the redzone?

Runs and play action. Like everyone, lol.

Does your team run alot of 2 rb sets or do they prefer singleback?

Two back sets. Usually have a FB or two TEs.

Does your team motion alot?

Not any more than the average team.

Formation Shifts?

Not all that often.

Maybe they Nohuddle?

Only in two minute situations.

Offensive philosophy... West Coast, Spread, Air C, ect?

Pound the rock + a bit of West Coast short passing game (not the Eagles version, the older version).

Special personel packages ?

Again, I would say the big sets, two TE sets especially. We almost always have two good TEs.

Favorite Targets?

Bo Scaife, Chris Johnson.

As an additional note, when I want to play with a different style, I use the team that uses the style I want to play. If I want a more wide open West Coast Offense and a blitz happy defense, I use the Eagles, If I want a great 3-4 zone blitz scheme, I use the Steelers, if I want a ton of motion and shifts (for 09 only), I used the 49ers (cause Martz), if I wanted a very much spread offense, I used the Pats, if I wanted a very multiple and pressure oriented defense, I used the Ravens, if I wanted an overall well balanced style, I used the Giants. And so on.

RIP Steve. You will always be my Hero.

Last edited by titansftw; 07-29-2009 at 03:25 PM.
Old 07-29-2009, 04:38 PM   #83
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22

So.....with all the threads about "SIM" I am guessing that we have some "ballers" who are pissed about madden trying to make the game have less cheese advantages?
Old 07-29-2009, 05:12 PM   #84
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHAM
There was a very simple point to my question. If you know NFL football strategy, its likely you are sim player. The guy who appreciates the NFL is the same guy who punts on 4th down. Simulation is not all about emulation, but emulation is definately a part of simulation.

I say: Madden Is supposed to be an NFL Sim game

You say: Madden is supposed to be a general football strategy game

Do you not see the difference?
I do, but you're misrepresenting my view. You and I say the same thing, what is an NFL sim is what's up for argument. I believe it's an NFL sim, but it's a world in which I am an NFL coach.

Quote:
Your definition of sim says its OK to use a Safety at DE. Youre idea of sim says its OK to play quarters all game. Youre saying team personel matters not. AGain, this only works on Madden.
When did I say anything like that? Honestly, my idea of sim is if someone puts a safety at defensive end, that safety gets engulfed and destroyed when the opposition runs directly at him, and a tackle pummels him everytime he gets his hands on him.

Quote:
I am saying if it works in the NFL, it is sim. Your Mike Tice excuse is weak because they had the personel to run both defenses. Try running a 34 with a one gap 43 team in the NFL, never happens, so your Vikings example is moot.
I'm confused, I never said anything about Tice or the Vikings.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:41 PM   #85
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
When did I say anything like that? Honestly, my idea of sim is if someone puts a safety at defensive end, that safety gets engulfed and destroyed when the opposition runs directly at him, and a tackle pummels him everytime he gets his hands on him.
Yeah, thats how it should be, but thats not always the case.
The safety moved to DE is what alot of cheesers did last year.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2V48TuA4a0
Problem is, you cant see the defenders names unless they highlight the player. Its not like the WR's...where you always see their name.

My point was that when changing schemes, sometimes players are moved to a position that doesnt fit. To me, a safety at DE is unrealistic just like it would be unrealistic to play 34 for a defense built to play a 1gap 43. The safety example is just the more extreme.

Last edited by MAHAM; 07-29-2009 at 08:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »