Home

You Call Yourself Sim, Prove It!

This is a discussion on You Call Yourself Sim, Prove It! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2009, 11:24 PM   #9
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: You Call Yourself Sim, Prove It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHAM
If you claim your Sim, tell me what team you use and how they play. What do you do to simulate the REAL team?

Some Sample Questions:

What offensive sets does your team run? Multiple sets. Primarily a single back 3 WR set and traditional 2 back I sets.

Defensive sets?

Does your team use a base defense? 3-4 Base defense

OneGAP/TWOgap?

Whats their defensive philosophy? Zone blitz

What plays do they call near the redzone? I often go to a spread offense in the red zone because my opponent doesn't usually see it anywhere else on the field so they don't have a read on where I'm going.

Does your team run alot of 2 rb sets or do they prefer singleback?

Does your team motion alot? Mostly on automotion plays, occasionally I use motion as a misdirection.

Formation Shifts?

Maybe they Nohuddle?

Offensive philosophy... West Coast, Spread, Air C, ect? Power run, with a west coast style short passing game

Special personel packages ? Strong slot in trips/bunch packages

Favorite Targets?

First of all, I think that very few people associate "playing sim" with mirroring any specific NFL team. Sim is about a style of play, not about copying any one team. Just to humor you, I answered the questions that applied to me and how I play.

I'll tell you whats funny to me....Sim players couldn't care less why tourney style guys do what they do in terms of exploits, running same plays, etc. Honestly, it just isn't of any importance to us. We just want to avoid you. Plain and simple. No arguements about who's better or which style is "right" or "correct". Just go away and don't play us. It's a waste of our time.

But tourney guys always want to argue the validity of their style. And if you announce your looking for a sim game in the lobby you almost always get a very unsim kind of game.

I don't know why tourney style guys don't just stick to playing other tourney style guys and leave the sim community alone. We are more than happy to do the same for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 07-27-2009, 11:28 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: You Call Yourself Sim, Prove It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCNABB51BOI
i dont play tourny bs ball running arounf throwing up bull exploiting glitchs

EAGLES
What offensive sets does your team run? west coast offense

Defensive sets?pretty much a 4-6 but its blitz happy from the real jimmy johnson

Does your team use a base defense? 4-6

OneGAP/TWOgap? both

Whats their defensive philosophy? blitz blitz oya blitz
play the run on the way to the qb and CBs play one on one just about more than any other team in the league

What plays do they call near the redzone?
um run but not committed to it alot of PA PASSES

Does your team run alot of 2 rb sets or do they prefer singleback? SINGLE

Does your team motion alot?
YES SIR
Formation Shifts? yeap and i love them

Maybe they Nohuddle? na

Offensive philosophy... West Coast, Spread, Air C, ect? like i said WEST COAST

Special personel packages ?last year we saw a lil desean { action} jackson at QB and some dual HB sets with buck and westbrook

Favorite Targets?i wish we had one it used to be the great chad lewis lol

i used to be into all that bs online but now man i look for real games .if i get into a game and its some idiot i just quit early i dont really care about my record i just like to get a good game in
Thank you, very good job. I'd change one thing, I'd say their favorite target is Westbrook.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:32 PM   #11
Banned

Nintari's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll2tide
First of all, I think that very few people associate "playing sim" with mirroring any specific NFL team. Sim is about a style of play, not about copying any one team. Just to humor you, I answered the questions that applied to me and how I play.

I'll tell you whats funny to me....Sim players couldn't care less why tourney style guys do what they do in terms of exploits, running same plays, etc. Honestly, it just isn't of any importance to us. We just want to avoid you. Plain and simple. No arguements about who's better or which style is "right" or "correct". Just go away and don't play us. It's a waste of our time.

But tourney guys always want to argue the validity of their style. And if you announce your looking for a sim game in the lobby you almost always get a very unsim kind of game.

I don't know why tourney style guys don't just stick to playing other tourney style guys and leave the sim community alone. We are more than happy to do the same for you.
Tourney guys have huge egos because they win so much. I think that's why they act that way because when they run into sim guys, we view them as skilless and it drives them crazy. Here they are, 585-12 and getting mocked.

It eats them up inside.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2009, 11:35 PM   #12
Rookie

MCNABB51BOI's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Thank you, very good job. I'd change one thing, I'd say their favorite target is Westbrook.
true true
Old 07-27-2009, 11:38 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:

Great post.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:38 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
I do associate Sim with teams though, mosly because of personel and coaching. If you have 43 personel, its not realistic to play 34 . Some teams are in rebuilding mode and sometimes its hard to say exactly what that teams strategy is. Other teams have rosters geared to suit their stategy.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:41 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Some people act like theyre gods gift to knowing what Sim football is
I've noticed that, yes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2009, 11:46 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCNABB51BOI
true true
its good to see an Eagles fan that actually knows their tendencies.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »