Home

You Call Yourself Sim, Prove It!

This is a discussion on You Call Yourself Sim, Prove It! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2009, 11:55 PM   #17
Rookie

MCNABB51BOI's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: You Call Yourself Sim, Prove It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagles931
its good to see an Eagles fan that actually knows their tendencies.
thanx HOPEFULLY this year we can keep ball again got some weapons also lots some good ones so we will see how it goes. and god speed to jimmy johnson i love his defense hope to see him back on the sideline
Old 07-28-2009, 12:06 AM   #18
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: You Call Yourself Sim, Prove It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHAM
I do associate Sim with teams though, mosly because of personel and coaching. If you have 43 personel, its not realistic to play 34 . Some teams are in rebuilding mode and sometimes its hard to say exactly what that teams strategy is. Other teams have rosters geared to suit their stategy.
Yes, you make that association. And therein lies the blockage that is preventing you from getting this. You want to define sim. You want to make a list of strict do's and don'ts for it. You want to break it down action by action, thought by thought so that you can try to use logic(both the true and self serving types) to whittle away at it.

Look at it this way-Try putting a rigid, all encompassing definition on things like character, integrity, class, and sportsmanship. It's impossible to do. These are concepts more than tangible things that you can see, touch, taste, smell, or feel. We view playing sim the same way. It's a concept, a philosophy. It cannot be broken down into little bits and be defined.

On the flipside, it's pretty darn easy to spot a lack of any of these characteristics in someone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide

Last edited by roll2tide; 07-28-2009 at 12:43 AM.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:31 AM   #19
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

who is this guy, Maham? Are you special or something? Since when is the sim community under attack?this is like the 3rd post I have seen today aimed at sim players or sim ballers. whats going on around here?
Old 07-28-2009, 12:49 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 6

I dont really see the point to this thread or how knowing your teams tendencies makes you a Sim player.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:59 AM   #21
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHAM
If you claim your Sim, tell me what team you use and how they play. What do you do to simulate the REAL team?
Being sim doesn't mean following strictly what the team does in real life. Part of 'sim' is running the team your way, as long as it's NFL realistic. I can bring the West Coast offense back to San Francisco and still be sim. I can use the Colts as a power running team. What matters is following NFL reality, not team specific reality.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2009, 01:27 AM   #22
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Being sim doesn't mean following strictly what the team does in real life. Part of 'sim' is running the team your way, as long as it's NFL realistic. I can bring the West Coast offense back to San Francisco and still be sim. I can use the Colts as a power running team. What matters is following NFL reality, not team specific reality.
Right. Otherwise, being "sim" for a Lions fan would be depressing.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:29 AM   #23
reo
Pro

reo's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Right. Otherwise, being "sim" for a Lions fan would be depressing.
Funny.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:50 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
Since when is the sim community under attack?this is like the 3rd post I have seen today aimed at sim players or sim ballers. whats going on around here?
I believe MaddenMania recently shut down, and OS has become a sort of MM refugee camp this past month. I'm guessing there's a connection. I could never stand to visit that site for more than a few minutes. Every thread title and topic included some variation of the words "cheese", "sucks", and "Prove it!"

Last edited by baa7; 07-28-2009 at 01:52 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »