Home

You Call Yourself Sim, Prove It!

This is a discussion on You Call Yourself Sim, Prove It! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2009, 03:32 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: You Call Yourself Sim, Prove It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbrown88
Maybe I didnt feel like wasting my time writing out answers to your little quiz because It would give me no satisfaction....

"I don't know everything about every team, and it would be nice if people reponded with answers better than these"

You wasted all that time to write that essay, but you dont address anything that this thread is about. Please dont clutter my thread with spam, and that goes for everyone else too.

Just because I admit that I dont know everything about every team, does not mean that I don't know alot about every team. I follow my favorite team closest, and others that have favorite teams may know more than I do about them. Get it straight.

Last edited by MAHAM; 07-28-2009 at 03:35 AM.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:44 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHAM
You wasted all that time to write that essay, but you dont address anything that this thread is about. Please dont clutter my thread with spam, and that goes for everyone else too.

Just because I admit that I dont know everything about every team, does not mean that I don't know alot about every team. I follow my favorite team closest is the point, and others that have favorite teams may know more than I do about them. Get it straight.
I wrote that so maybe you would understand your wrong approach to this thread. I don't understand the purpose of this thread though... do you wish to deem who's voice you can respect? are you trying to challenge other peoples football knowledge against your own?... I guess I dont understand what there is to prove and why you require it....

Instead of replying to my intial question you just assumed I knew nothing and if you don't think people will take offense to stuff like that idk what to tell you.

"You wasted all that time to write that essay, but you dont address anything that this thread is about."

I had a feeling you would say that, and you didnt respond to my post...
Old 07-28-2009, 03:56 AM   #35
Rookie

Quote:

I had a feeling you would say that, and you didnt respond to my post...
Why should I, I already wrote this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ME
I agree that you dont have to follow strictly what your team does to make you sim, but that doesnt mean you abandon what your team is built for. For example, I stand by my earlier point that it is unrealistic to run a 34 with a 43 team.

Running a power running game with the Colts is not Sim either, like you suggest. They dont have a true FB, they have smaller zone blocking lineman, and only have 1 decent blocking TE. The Colts couldnt run it in real life just like a 43 team would be unsuccesful if they ran a 34.

Its only on Madden that that works. So to me, thats fantasy/arcade style football, not sim.
I stand by the point that if you dont know the NFL teams well enough, than you shouldnt be talking about what is sim and what is not. NFL football isnt pop warner. If you dont agree, why not first respond to my OP, and then state why you think I'm wrong.

Last edited by MAHAM; 07-28-2009 at 04:01 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2009, 04:02 AM   #36
Rookie

REDSKINS:

What offensive sets does your team run? Alot of sets as all teams do. West Coast Offense with Zorn now but with the same power running game from the Gibbs era. (Joe Bugel has been the Oline coach forever)

Defensive sets? 4-3 defense primarily

Does your team use a base defense?
4-3

OneGAP/TWOgap?
one gap penetrators

Whats their defensive philosophy?
used to be heavy blitz with Gregg williams, Greg Blache has more of a negate the big play approach. (unfortunately. imo, we need more big plays)

What plays do they call near the redzone?
Run Run Run

Does your team run alot of 2 rb sets or do they prefer singleback?
Varies alot, depending on the situation. alot of 2 back with sellers leading the way in goal line. I would say primarily 2 rb sets though.

Does your team motion alot?
Not really...

Formation Shifts?
Again not so much. I feel like we did more of this in past.

Maybe they Nohuddle?
Nope... not enough confidence in JC (lol)

Offensive philosophy... West Coast, Spread, Air C, ect?
West Coast

Special personel packages ?
Lorenzo Alexander comes in during short yardage as a blocker. (if that was what you were talking about)

Favorite Targets?
Chris Cooley.

Ok there... Tell me if this does it for you
Old 07-28-2009, 04:06 AM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHAM
Why should I, I already wrote this.
Nvm. you obviously neglect the parts of responses that you have no comeback for....
Old 07-28-2009, 04:13 AM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Ok there... Tell me if this does it for you
Thank you, Pbrown88. Good Job.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:16 AM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Nvm. you obviously neglect the parts of responses that you have no comeback for....
I have to go, so I will have to reread this thread at another time. Ill be back to answer whatever you asked though.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:36 AM   #40
MVP

Keirik's Arena

OVR: 16

when is summer vacation over?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »