Home

Madden Demo 360 - Disc Unreadable?

This is a discussion on Madden Demo 360 - Disc Unreadable? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2009, 01:08 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Madden Demo 360 - Disc Unreadable?

Anyone else getting this? I tried to play the demo and right as the "EA Sports - It's In the Game" intro comes in, I get a "disc is unreadable" error. Kind of strange, since there's no disc. I've deleted and re-downloaded the demo only to get the same message every time I've tried to play it.

The same thing happened to me with Tiger Woods 10, although with that demo I could at least get into the game before it would give a "disc is unreadable" message. I ignored the warning sign and bought Tiger Woods 10 only to go through two discs and numerous "disc is unreadable" error messages before realizing the game would just not play on my system. I posted about this on EA's forums and had a number of people say that they had the same problem with Tiger Woods 10. All EA did was give me company script with no solutions.

I've never gotten this error message with any other game. I've deleted all EA stuff on my hard drive, cleared the cache, played the game under different user profiles... nothing works. I recently downloaded the NCAA 10 demo to see if it was a universal EA Sports problem, and it works fine, as does Fight Night 3.

Basically, for reasons unknown, Madden 10 and Tiger Woods 10 are unplayable on my system. WTF?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2009, 12:05 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Madden Demo 360 - Disc Unreadable?

Bump.

I find it hard to believe this issue is confined solely to my console.

Anyone? Bueller?
Old 07-29-2009, 12:15 AM   #3
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

Your hard drive might be on it's way out. Might want to look into getting it replaced by Microsoft if it is under warranty.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:26 AM   #4
Rookie

The thing is, this has only happened with Tiger Woods and Madden. I have yet to experience any other problem like this with any other game, and I've had a 360 for over two years now. That leads me to believe that it is an EA Sports problem and not my console, but perhaps it's just coincidence.

There were quite a few people on the EA boards experiencing the same problems with Tiger Woods 10 that I was.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:35 AM   #5
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
Your hard drive might be on it's way out. Might want to look into getting it replaced by Microsoft if it is under warranty.
^^This^^^ Perfect way to test it out, is to borrow a friends HDD and DL the demo and try it out.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2009, 11:40 AM   #6
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

OVR: 22

Definitely a hardware issue. For whatever reason EA Sports games seem to bring these problems to light more so than other games on the 360. I had some issues with NHL 08 which lead to a repair and Madden 09 signaled the beginning of the end of my last 360 with a 'Disc Unreadable' message.

I got a PS3 this spring and I'm actually leaning towards getting all of my sports titles this year on it instead for this reason.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:47 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Dude you are not alone. I downloaded the demo the other day, played it once, then when I went to play it again I got the "Disc is unreadable" error. Just ridiculous considering it's a download and it's on the HDD. I think it's unlikely that there is a hardware problem with my HDD because I can download videos and all kinds of other demos - up to full capacity - and they all work fine. Just the Madden demo fizzles out. I got it to work a few times after the error, but now it comes up constantly.

I also tried deleting the demo and redownloading it a couple of times...no dice. It's a fun demo to mess with too, what a goddamn shame. I wish someone would address this issue.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:51 PM   #8
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

Have you guys tried clearing the cache?

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/11131/...Code-Revealed/

This will get rid of a lot of stuff on the hard drive, but it is easy to re-download everything and this might clear up a problem if you are having. Try this, and if it doesn't work call Microsoft.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »