Home

We're Not Expecting A "Perfect" Game

This is a discussion on We're Not Expecting A "Perfect" Game within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 04:39 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: We're Not Expecting A "Perfect" Game

When did I "admit" that 2k5 was worse than the Madden 10 demo?
Old 07-28-2009, 04:40 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
I wish there was something in place to regulate noobs this time of year. Not speaking to anyone in particular, but noobs are in-large-part making this forum unbearable. I'm usually not the one to hang my hat on one's post count or join date, but I can't ignore the obvious connection.
Do you even think before you post? What self-respecting human being would be proud to call other people, over the internet I might add, noobs? Just because I think OS is in Madden's pockets and don't post here, because honestly there's no point, doesn't mean I'm ignorant. You sir, are an idiot. Don't worry Darwinism will take care of you soon enough.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:42 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 4

I don't think someone giving constructive criticism is being a noob anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2009, 04:43 PM   #36
Pro

OVR: 9

what a refreshing post. I just want to say to the guy who was using technology as an excuse that an argument for technology is not rational. u can't say that we want changes that are 2/3 generations ahead if they were already done in 2004. For the record, I'm content with Madden 10. not wow-ed, but content, but I didn't want that flawed argument to fly..
Old 07-28-2009, 04:43 PM   #37
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicknam4
Hah. You're hilarious man.

Backbreaker features 22 people being simulated in real time with Euphoria. Oh wait...I don't know what I'm talking about. Next gen consoles can't handle that.
the point that you are missing is that AI, graphics, refs, sidelines, sounds, scoreboards, tickers, weather, stats, crowds, field goal nets, hair, towels, textures, 60 frames per second, calculations on what happens in every instance on the field.... ALL use that power. so basically if you have a strength in one area you will need to compensate by having a weakness in another.

It is MATH. Only so much RAM and processor cycles to go around on these machines. Next gen, they can add more calculations to make some of the magic you want and next next gen even more , getting you guys closer and closer to that nirvana football experience you think we should already have. It's about making TRADE offs.

Last edited by Klocker; 07-28-2009 at 04:45 PM.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:46 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klocker
the point that you are missing is that AI, graphics, refs, sidelines, sounds, scoreboards, tickers, weather, stats, crowds, field goal nets, hair, towels, textures, calculations on what happens in every instance on the field.... ALL use that power. so basically if you have a strength in one area you will need to compensate by having a weakness in another.

It is MATH. Only so much RAM and processor cycles to go around on these machines. Next gen, they can add more calculations to make some of the magic you want and next next gen even more , getting you guys closer and closer to that nirvana football experience you think we should already have. It's about making TRADE offs.
I would rather have a bare field with nothing but the players and have the best gameplay ever, than this crap EA keeps putting out
Old 07-28-2009, 04:47 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klocker
I LOVED 2k and never played Madden until this gen....

2K is dead... get over it.

Madden is as good as it gets right now ... you guys think it's all about the devs or EA or whatnot but you want a game that will not be possible until 2-3 generations of computing power are advanced.

there is only so much physics or AI and graphics processing that can fit into the current RAM and processor power of these machines. It's simple math.

2k was a more realistic game than Madden NFL 10 could ever pretend to be, and it was on the PS2 and original Xbox.

So you're telling me tronn-jogging is in Madden only because of the PS3 and Xbox 360's processing power?

So you're telling me that robot animations are in Madden only because of the PS3 and Xbox 360's processing power?

So you're telling me that terrible, terrible player interaction logic is in Madden only because of the PS3 and Xbox 360's processing power?

Oh, please! Madden NFL 10 is better than Madden NFL 09. You can sure as hell bet Madden NFL 11 will be better than 10. However, they are poor football simulations, in the end. It has the look (only in still screenshots, because the animations make this game look horrid), and has the advertising, but it is nothing more than that.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:48 PM   #40
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RarePelican
I would rather have a bare field with nothing but the players and have the best gameplay ever, than this crap EA keeps putting out

well there you have it then.

the people that feel that way are wanting their trade offs to be something that 98% of the people who buy the game wouldn't want. so you'll just have to wait until the next generations allow us to have all of the above.

It's evolution
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »