Home

We're Not Expecting A "Perfect" Game

This is a discussion on We're Not Expecting A "Perfect" Game within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 05:02 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: We're Not Expecting A "Perfect" Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echopax
So, why the hell are people expecting us to act like the game is perfect, and that we should be lucky to even have an NFL football game?
Because they can't think up any other excuses to defend Madden.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:03 PM   #58
Rookie

capn_razzamataz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klocker
wrong

football games (and most large arena games) let alone one with 22 players, good logic, plus 70k fans plus refs etc are the MOST processor intense games on the market. More than any of your favorite shooters or RPg or action games
Do you have any proof to back that claim up?
Old 07-28-2009, 05:05 PM   #59
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
wrong

football games (and most large arena games) let alone one with 22 players, good logic, plus 70k fans plus refs etc are the MOST processor intense games on the market. More than any of your favorite shooters or RPg or action games
The fans in Madden couldn't use that much processing power. They are 2D sprites.

And guess what? Backbreaker renders 90,000 detailed, 3D fans without any problems. Here's the proof right here.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:08 PM   #60
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by RarePelican
I just received an infraction for saying idiot. This forum is a joke. I bet if I had never include OS and EA in the same sentence, I would have never got an infraction.
No you got one for a personal attack which is stated in the rules you agreed to, when you signed up to post here... looks like your priveledge to this forums is gone for a month anyhow at this point
Old 07-28-2009, 05:09 PM   #61
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by capn_razzamataz
Do you have any proof to back that claim up?
In particular a dev on B3D who worked on a 2k sports game discussed it last year in context of the difficulty of getting everything they wanted to happen while pushing these machines to their max compared to other types of games he's worked on.

Anyone who understands anything about how games are actually developed you would know this could be true. the AI alone (under the hood) for everything going on as well as the intense graphics rendering at 60 FPS are huge overhead.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2009, 05:09 PM   #62
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echopax
So, I walk into Burger King for the fifth time in my life. I decide to buy a Whopper. The Whopper's taste has let me down in the past, but I give it a shot anyway.

They prepared the Whopper better this time around. The meat was prepared better, the buns are nice and crisp, and the burger was stacked properly and much neater. However, the pickles, onions, and lettuce still taste like crap, and they forgot to add ketchup.

So, you're telling me I should walk out of Burger King, after finishing my meal, and tell people how much better Burger King is preparing their burgers?

Hell, no! I'm going to tell anyone I see to stay away from Burger King until they learn how to make a burger worth purchasing.

That's the mindset people have. We're not salesman. We're not EA representatives. So, why the hell are people expecting us to act like the game is perfect, and that we should be lucky to even have an NFL football game?
Good analogy that I've heard in the past.

I don't have the final version in my hands to look and feel every play. You have already devoured your burger.

For me, if these odd occurrences happen on every play, then it's a broken game and I take it back. If I notice these odd occurrences 5 or 6 plays out of 120 plays, then it's a keeper for me. If these odd occurrences interrupt my gameplay, yes, I will take it back. If they don't interrupt my gameplay flow, the games a keeper.

We don't know how often these odd issues are cropping up until we have the game ourselves. It's premature to start hacking away at the game because of you tube videos off of replays.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:12 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
wrong

OMG the fans are freaking 2D cutouts that repeat the same motion over and over. Backbreaker has a physics engine with good graphics and they move more realistically despite slight exaggerations to show off physics. I will take that over cheesy player movements with flashy presentation and features anyday
Old 07-28-2009, 05:12 PM   #64
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
Wait a minute..arent you the big time backbreaker fan from a month or two ago but under a slightly different nic now?

Regardless if thats you or not *which i think it is*..its not that we are saying people cant give their constructive criticism, thats good, that helps the game become better but do it in the right manner and in a respectful manner because Madden10 has made some nice changes this year and it needs to be recognized ..but some of you guys including yourself from looking at your post history are deliberately trying to put the game down every rip you get and quite honestly..it spreads like cancer around here.

The thing is..some of the people b1tch'n are b1tch'n just to b1tch and YOU NEVER SEE A BIT OF ENCOURAGEMENT OR POSITIVE REMARKS FROM THEM... take yourself as a good example, look at your post history, not a single positive remark from ya!!

Bottom line: For all the drastic changes made this year..its people like you that cant give a freaking INCH and acknowledge any of the positive improvements this year..so that leads many of us to believe that your blatantly just bashing the game to bash it..because your either a fan of another game or your like a spoiled rich women that just likes to complain...

Some food for thought: If some of you complainers would show some positive posts, replies,etc for the damn game..maybe you all wouldnt be singled out so much? eh? Take that to the bank ...
wtf are you talking about. madden 07 is better than madden 06 madden 08 is better than madden 07 madden 09 is better than madden 08 madden 10 is better than madden 09 and madden 11 is going to better than madden 10. the game is getting better every year, but we are getting garbage every. pro tak is garbage in madden 10 so i have to wait another two to three years before i can get a realitic gang tackle. euphoria can solve all these physic problem in an hearth beat if they decide to use it.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »