Home

Miami Dolphins Franchise

This is a discussion on Miami Dolphins Franchise within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2009, 11:00 AM   #41
Rookie

iLukeisamazing's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Miami Dolphins Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOREST007

yea i just saw that ty law and mike mckenzie are still in free agents. i need veteran leadership lol, ill have to look at their stats. i can't really deal w/ slow DBs but ill take "proven" coverage and good awareness over...well the opposite
I'm with you on Brooks, I'll probably bring him in for a year or so until I can shore up the LB squad through draft or free agency (it doesn't hurt that Brooks is a Nole). As for McCallister, I haven't decided about that because I really don't want to go too unrealistic, but the Falcons need secondary help SO bad.
Atlanta Falcons
Atlanta Hawks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2009, 08:53 PM   #42
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior7807
QB- pennington will start the season and the in will look to play henne more and more with White running the wildcat. hope to develope either one of these youngsters to become my future QB. Hoping that i do not need to spend a draft pick on this position for at least 3 years.

RB- Brown is set as my workhorse for atleast 2 more years. will upgrade via draft after my SECOND season. trade away ricky

FB- would like to upgrade here but only after i address bigger needs. do not use FB too much other than run blocking. will most likely upgrade via FA since it sucks drafting a FB.

WR. Ginn #1, experiment with Turner at #2..wuold LOVE to turn him into a threat at WR. will trade either bess or camarillo(still up in the air on which one to trade). will also try to get rid of wilford ANYWAY i can. trade London also? maybe after the first season as i cant see myself moving 3 WR in one year.

TE- love fasano, but will need to upgrade here through draft.

OL- would like to adress RG right away. i like playing behind a solid Oline and i am almost there.

DL- DE's are set for many years. will look to upgrade DT through trade (glen dorsey or A. Okoye?)

LB- will try to find a good build to create Wake(70-75 ovr???)
Alleman may be traded if i can use him to upgrade a bigger need.

CB- set for YEARS with Davis and Smith. may trade Allen and sign either Surtain or Madison if allen goes.

DB- i like both Bell and WIlson, but i would like to add more speed here. i like the iddea of moving J. Allen back to safety from CB.

all these moves will most likely not be made in the first year of my franchise as i like playing with the real rosters for the most part in year 1.

ideally i would like to stockpile draft picks through trades, if possible, to get younger. not sure whether i should import NCAA draft class or the hand made class to see how they are.
Love seeing how another Miami fan plans to run the team. I like the idea of Glen Dorsey to, he's a 75 OVR with probably a ton of potential.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:38 PM   #43
Pro

crob8822's Arena

OVR: 8

I am not going to do much with the cowboys roster, I will evaluate during the season, but one area of concern is at both safeties Ken Hamlin and Gerald sensabaugh (forgive me if I butcherd his last name).
I would like to find a replacement for LT flozell adams, but this will be addressed following the season and if his attributes decline greatly, I will still take a tackle in my first draft following the season but not in the first round because I have Mcquistin as back up so I will give him an opportunity especially in preseason.
The real cowboys play on Aug 13th vs. the oakland raiders, Mines will begin on the 14th, I will spend most of my day adjusting the sliders until I come up with a good crop of coach mode sliders.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:00 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 10

with my phins franchise ima do:

make ronnie brown retire a dolphin no matter what

let chad penington walk after the year (contract year)

make pat white or chad henne (not sold on him yet) the starter after year 1

sign or draft a HUGE DT

need more younger pass rushing OLB'S

let ricky be a dolphin till he wants lol

maybe MAYBE trade my 1st rounder for Boldin in the off-season depends on where i pick and how that draft is for people in my needs.

one thing i might also try and do is maybe convert wilford into a TE cuz he has a big contract he might suite well there. (i know its nothing big but i have thought of this)

ill show respect to the stars on my team or to the people i like i dont like cutting /trading people like crazy in franchises

Last edited by AtlantaFalconFan; 07-29-2009 at 10:05 PM.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:16 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 1

how come no love for Camarillo here? he had a crazy season last year. Bess surprised the hell out of me too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2009, 10:16 PM   #46
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaFalconFan
with my phins franchise ima do:

make ronnie brown retire a dolphin no matter what

let chad penington walk after the year (contract year)

make pat white or chad henne (not sold on him yet) the starter after year 1

sign or draft a HUGE DT

need more younger pass rushing OLB'S

let ricky be a dolphin till he wants lol

maybe MAYBE trade my 1st rounder for Boldin in the off-season depends on where i pick and how that draft is for people in my needs.

one thing i might also try and do is maybe convert wilford into a TE cuz he has a big contract he might suite well there. (i know its nothing big but i have thought of this)

ill show respect to the stars on my team or to the people i like i dont like cutting /trading people like crazy in franchises
Good call with Brown, I'll be doing the same... for Wilford, I'm going to resign him to a 1 year deal for more money (yea paying him more seems odd but it will come off the books at the end of the season) and then I will let him walk in the off-season so I won't have to deal with the cap hit of releasing him.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:16 AM   #47
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
Good call with Brown, I'll be doing the same... for Wilford, I'm going to resign him to a 1 year deal for more money (yea paying him more seems odd but it will come off the books at the end of the season) and then I will let him walk in the off-season so I won't have to deal with the cap hit of releasing him.
he might be a decent TE with his size and speed might wanna try it out on that 1 year deal also.
Old 08-01-2009, 12:26 PM   #48
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaFalconFan
he might be a decent TE with his size and speed might wanna try it out on that 1 year deal also.
Yea the Dolphins had been testing that out, I might as well because that would be the only way to get use out of him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »