Home

Miami Dolphins Franchise

This is a discussion on Miami Dolphins Franchise within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2009, 07:06 AM   #57
MVP

Pacman83's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Miami Dolphins Franchise

Open to ideas for my Rams...got a few myself, but i normally change it all once i actually get the game and Do It.

GT: IIx PaCmAN xII
Rams/Mizzou/Cards

Old 08-04-2009, 07:26 AM   #58
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
But in terms of the Dolphins... I've recently been thinking of signing Deuce McCalister and trying him out at fullback. His strength rating looks pretty good this year I would just have to see how terrible his run blocking is.
That's an interesting idea.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:17 AM   #59
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryolemon
That's an interesting idea.
Also considering Rudi Johnson as well, if he has higher run blocking then I will probably go with him.
Old 08-04-2009, 11:49 AM   #60
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacman83
Open to ideas for my Rams...got a few myself, but i normally change it all once i actually get the game and Do It.
You got your work cut out for you.

By the way, do you know if the Rams' gold pants are in the game? They weren't a couple of years ago and I recall seeing white and blue pants in the videos and screen shots.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 08-04-2009, 03:53 PM   #61
Rookie

representative's Arena

OVR: 2

Im going to project how i plan on running my Niners dynasty. (I hope this works out as im posting this from work on my blackberry).

At QB im going to start Alex Smith. I like his mobility more than Hill's and since i plan on running the ball about 80/20, i figure he is worth another shot. But i wont hesitate to sit him in favor of Hill if needed. I also want to get Nate Davis some snaps in preseason and in scrub time if at all possible.

Halfback is pretty simple. Gore will get about 22-26 att's a game and Coffee will hopefully get 8-10. I want to test out Michael Robinson in some Wildcat situations and also plan on using him at HB/FB in passing situations and as a spot FB. Moran Norris will be my blocker.

Crabtree is starting Day One. Im torn between Isaac Bruce an Josh Morgan as my #2. I'd like to have a good route runner and a sure set of hands out there, so that will likely leave Morgan in the slot. Naturally, Vernon Davis will start at TE, but i will not resign him when his contract expires. I am curious to see how rookie Bear Pascoe from Fresno is rated and what his potential can be.

Joe Staley will anchor the line at LT and i am thinking about starting Adam Snyder at RT. Former Steeler Marvel Smith will serve as a backup to both T spots. Baas and Chilo Rachal will start at G with Tony Wragge backing up. Eric Heitmann will be at C with Cody Wallace behind him (who i want to develop and eventually start).

For the 3-4 defense, I need to do some serious personnel work, mainly on the DL. For now i will start I. Sopoaga at NT with A. Franklin backing up. Justin Smith and Kentwan Balmer will start at the End positions. Rookie from LSU Ricky-Jean Francois will be in heavy rotation along the defensive line and i hope he really turns out to be a player and eventual starter.

Haralson and Lawson will be my OLB's and Patrick Willis and Rookie Scott McKillop will be at MLB. Takeo Spikes and Ahmad Brooks will be my main reserves.

Clements will start along with Dre Bly, although I wish Tarell Brown was good enough to start (I think he will be a stud this year in RL). Dashon Goldson and rookie from LSU Curtis Taylor will be at FS and Michael Lewis and Mark Roman will be at SS. I may also move CB Reggie Smith to either one of the S spots, all depending on what the depth looks like after the 1st year.

Lee and Nedney are solid kickers, and Allen Rossum is an excellent return man.

Overall, my main concern is the defense. I have two 1st round picks thanks to Carolina so If i use NCAA draft classes (if their not superpowered) then i will target a strong, run stuffer like NT Terrence Cody from Alabama high in the 1st round and then maybe a QB like Jevan Snead from Ole Miss or Colt McCoy from Texas later on. As for personnel, only 3 players are safe as far as im concerned, Willis, Gore and Crabtree. Everyone else is replaceable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2009, 01:18 AM   #62
MVP

Pacman83's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
You got your work cut out for you.

By the way, do you know if the Rams' gold pants are in the game? They weren't a couple of years ago and I recall seeing white and blue pants in the videos and screen shots.
I'd imagine...i mean with retro. But the Rams can have yellow too..
Old 08-08-2009, 05:22 PM   #63
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by representative
Im going to project how i plan on running my Niners dynasty. (I hope this works out as im posting this from work on my blackberry).

At QB im going to start Alex Smith. I like his mobility more than Hill's and since i plan on running the ball about 80/20, i figure he is worth another shot. But i wont hesitate to sit him in favor of Hill if needed. I also want to get Nate Davis some snaps in preseason and in scrub time if at all possible.

Halfback is pretty simple. Gore will get about 22-26 att's a game and Coffee will hopefully get 8-10. I want to test out Michael Robinson in some Wildcat situations and also plan on using him at HB/FB in passing situations and as a spot FB. Moran Norris will be my blocker.

Crabtree is starting Day One. Im torn between Isaac Bruce an Josh Morgan as my #2. I'd like to have a good route runner and a sure set of hands out there, so that will likely leave Morgan in the slot. Naturally, Vernon Davis will start at TE, but i will not resign him when his contract expires. I am curious to see how rookie Bear Pascoe from Fresno is rated and what his potential can be.

Joe Staley will anchor the line at LT and i am thinking about starting Adam Snyder at RT. Former Steeler Marvel Smith will serve as a backup to both T spots. Baas and Chilo Rachal will start at G with Tony Wragge backing up. Eric Heitmann will be at C with Cody Wallace behind him (who i want to develop and eventually start).

For the 3-4 defense, I need to do some serious personnel work, mainly on the DL. For now i will start I. Sopoaga at NT with A. Franklin backing up. Justin Smith and Kentwan Balmer will start at the End positions. Rookie from LSU Ricky-Jean Francois will be in heavy rotation along the defensive line and i hope he really turns out to be a player and eventual starter.

Haralson and Lawson will be my OLB's and Patrick Willis and Rookie Scott McKillop will be at MLB. Takeo Spikes and Ahmad Brooks will be my main reserves.

Clements will start along with Dre Bly, although I wish Tarell Brown was good enough to start (I think he will be a stud this year in RL). Dashon Goldson and rookie from LSU Curtis Taylor will be at FS and Michael Lewis and Mark Roman will be at SS. I may also move CB Reggie Smith to either one of the S spots, all depending on what the depth looks like after the 1st year.

Lee and Nedney are solid kickers, and Allen Rossum is an excellent return man.

Overall, my main concern is the defense. I have two 1st round picks thanks to Carolina so If i use NCAA draft classes (if their not superpowered) then i will target a strong, run stuffer like NT Terrence Cody from Alabama high in the 1st round and then maybe a QB like Jevan Snead from Ole Miss or Colt McCoy from Texas later on. As for personnel, only 3 players are safe as far as im concerned, Willis, Gore and Crabtree. Everyone else is replaceable.
Looks like that's in jeopardy now.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:32 PM   #64
MVP

OVR: 10

Well I got the game not impressed with our wr's turner is slow and Bess should be faster... No Cameron wake yet will wait for a update before starting but all I can say is Ronnie brown for MVP in my chise he's a beast !!!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »