Home

Miami Dolphins Franchise

This is a discussion on Miami Dolphins Franchise within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2009, 06:33 PM   #65
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Miami Dolphins Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaFalconFan
Well I got the game not impressed with our wr's turner is slow and Bess should be faster... No Cameron wake yet will wait for a update before starting but all I can say is Ronnie brown for MVP in my chise he's a beast !!!!!!
Is Brian Hartline in there?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2009, 06:36 PM   #66
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
Is Brian Hartline in there?
NOPE london is tho
Old 08-08-2009, 06:54 PM   #67
Rookie

Deelron's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by representative
Im going to project how i plan on running my Niners dynasty...
Cut the details for space, as it's almost what I plan to do, with two changes. I'm going to have Crabtree as my slot receiver, he's not rated particularly fast in game (he's the same speed as Vernon Davis, and Morgan, but with a slightly lower ACC), but he has a great catch in traffic rating, and hopefully I can use him across the middle against the LBs/Nickel backs.

Additionally, I plan to make something reasonable happen to replace the starting LE spot, Balmer and company are just bleak, almost as bad as the QBs, but as a position I don't normally play, I'd like to see something a little better in there.
Old 08-08-2009, 07:00 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
http://espn.go.com/videogames/featur...en10?teamId=12

Now that the ratings are out... Here is my game plan for franchise mode. Players I plan on keeping beyond my first year are listed in parenthesis after the position description.

QB- Chad Pennington is the starter, but not for long. If I can get some good value in terms of draft picks I will not hesitate to deal Pennington. Chad Henne and Pat White are the future here. Henne seems to be the immediate replacement but Pat White might surpass him in a year or so. (Henne and White)

HB- Ronnie Brown will be my starter for the next 3-4 years but I will look to upgrade in the backfield through free agency. Maybe I'll look to add Edgerrin James (and bring him back to Miami) to form a 1-2 punch. Ricky Williams will be dealt for future draft picks. (Brown)

FB- Louaska Polite will be rarely used until I pick up a qualtiy fullback in free agency or the draft. Then things will get more exciting because I like to utilize my fullback in the passing and running game. (None)

WR- Ted Ginn and the 6'5" Rookie Patrick Turner will be my starting wide receivers. Apart from those two, I will definitely look to upgrade in the off-season. The only wide receiver likely to survive until year 2 is Davone Bess as my slot receiver. (Ginn, Turner, and Bess)

TE- Anthony Fasano is a beast of a run blocker and an average receiver. Although I will try and upgrade in the off-season I still plan on keeping Fasano as a 2nd or 3rd string TE. (Fasano)

OL- Tackles Jake Long and Vernon Cary, guards Justin Smiley and Donald Thomas, and center Jake Grove will all stay on my team in year two. But I do plan on trying to sign Levi Jones and Kendall Simmons and play one of them at right guard, using Thomas as a key backup. (Long, Carey, Smiley, Grove, and Thomas)

DL- Ends Phillip Merling and Kendall Langford will be fixtures for the next decade. I will move Randy Starks to nose tackle and look to trade Jason Ferguson for future picks. I am also eyeing free agent former #4 overall draft pick Dwayne Robertson as a backup nose tackle and second defensive tackle in a 4-3. (Merling, Langford, and Starks)

LB- This is the interesting part of the defense. Channing Crowder is a fixture at one ILB spot. The other might be Akin Ayodele or I may pick up Nate Webster or Napoleon Harris as free agents and give them a shot. On the outside I have options, I could start a lethal combination of Joey Porter and Jason Taylor, or I could trade Porter for some high draft picks and start Taylor in his place. That would leave the LOLB position to Matt Roth, a good run stuffer. But I may also sign Kabeer Gbaja-Biamilia to start as an OLB pass rusher. Paired with Jason Taylor he could potentially wreak havoc on the opposing quarterback. Of course a lot can change depending on if Cameron Wake is in the game or not. (Crowder, Taylor and Roth)

CB- This part of the defense is oozing with potential. Rookies Vontae Davis and Sean Smith will start for me from day one. Both possess excellent press corner skills. Davis could develop into a pure lockdown corner and Smith will be able to cover bigger receivers with his 6-4 height. Will Allen will either bring veteran leadership from the nickel, or he will be traded for picks and I will sign the former Dolphins Dynamic Duo of Sam Madison and Pat Surtain to hold down the nickel and dime spots. Former 1st round pick Jason Allen will be moved back to safety. (Davis and Smith)

FS/SS- Both safty spots are in great hands with Yeremiah Bell and Gibril Wilson. Both are sure tacklers that will help againts the run and receivers over the middle. Jason Allen will be the backup at the FS position. (Bell, Wilson, and Allen)

K/P- Carpenter and Fields are both average so I may look to upgrade in the off-season.

Top 5 positions to upgrade in the off-season...

1. Wide Receiver- Looking to add a game changer.
2. Linebacker- More youth with high draft picks.
3. Tight End- Receiver with speed at the position.
4. Fulback- Multi-threat option out of the backfield.
5. Halfback- Someone to split carries with Ronnie Brown.

I don't know what team in real life would be willing to trade draft picks for your cast-offs. I am really hoping that EA fixed the trade logic this year.
Old 08-08-2009, 07:44 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 3

As a Dolphins fan, I'm a little sad that you're giving up on Bess so quickly. It's unfortunate that EA rated him so low, but he was a godsend last year. I'm looking forward to how he performs in real life this season.
Old 08-08-2009, 08:33 PM   #70
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike8813
As a Dolphins fan, I'm a little sad that you're giving up on Bess so quickly. It's unfortunate that EA rated him so low, but he was a godsend last year. I'm looking forward to how he performs in real life this season.
To be honest with the information I read today, I'm keeping Bess. In the past I always hated how undrafted free agents always had a N/A for draft information but now that we found out today that there is no draft information I will be keeping him. Sounds kinda ridiculous I know but it always really annoyed me. It used to bug the heck out of me when we had Welker to.
Old 08-08-2009, 08:35 PM   #71
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaFalconFan
NOPE london is tho
No Brian Hartline is really disappointing. Since when do 4th round picks not make it into Madden? Plus, when all the rookie ratings were released after the draft (that you could download using excel, Hartline was in there).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2009, 09:15 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
To be honest with the information I read today, I'm keeping Bess. In the past I always hated how undrafted free agents always had a N/A for draft information but now that we found out today that there is no draft information I will be keeping him. Sounds kinda ridiculous I know but it always really annoyed me. It used to bug the heck out of me when we had Welker to.
The fact that we ever let Welker go is what bugs me. Boy was I angry when I found that out. For what, a second round pick, right? Yeesh...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »