Home

Where's the rest of the penalties?

This is a discussion on Where's the rest of the penalties? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2009, 04:50 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 28
Where's the rest of the penalties?

According to Steve's review, the penalties in the game are very limited. Why is it that we can't get the actual penalties that are in the NFL into the game? Where is ineligible man down field, illegal touching and illegal contact? I know I keep harping on this (asked Ian a bunch of times way back when he started the penalties thread, and sent him several messages via twitter), but is this really too much to ask? The other game(s) have the penalties, shouldn't madden?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2009, 05:02 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: Where's the rest of the penalties?

I remember reading something about the balance of fun vs reality when it came to the inclusion of certain penalties.

I belive the option should be left up to the user. They should have the ability for every penalty to be reflected in the game, and a slider to adjust it. However the sliders should make it so that on zero that penalty is never called, while on 100 it should be called almost every play. The default should make it so the penalty is called as many times as the league average per game.

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Old 07-28-2009, 05:07 PM   #3
Pro

MrSkagTrendy's Arena

OVR: 9

I'm under the impression that illegal forward pass, late hit out of bounds, illegal man downfield etc are being put in this year. Pretty sure I remember reading/hearing this somewhere!
Old 07-28-2009, 05:13 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 8

Just give me a few defensive pass interferences a game and I'll be happy. Holding/clipping/facemasks are implemented well in ncaa, but I haven't ever played a football game with realistic PI.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:17 PM   #5
Banned

bulls23's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSkagTrendy
I'm under the impression that illegal forward pass, late hit out of bounds, illegal man downfield etc are being put in this year. Pretty sure I remember reading/hearing this somewhere!
In the demo, there is late hit out of bounds but Steve didn't mention it in the preview I guess.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2009, 05:18 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
According to Steve's review, the penalties in the game are very limited. Why is it that we can't get the actual penalties that are in the NFL into the game? Where is ineligible man down field, illegal touching and illegal contact? I know I keep harping on this (asked Ian a bunch of times way back when he started the penalties thread, and sent him several messages via twitter), but is this really too much to ask? The other game(s) have the penalties, shouldn't madden?
Illegal touching on a pass play is now only called if it's intentional.

There are plenty of penalties that will never be in Madden (Leverage, Leaping, Helping the Runner, Excessive celebration, etc.) but all the common and uncontroversial ones should be in.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:31 PM   #7
Pro

MrSkagTrendy's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryolemon
Illegal touching on a pass play is now only called if it's intentional.

There are plenty of penalties that will never be in Madden (Leverage, Leaping, Helping the Runner, Excessive celebration, etc.) but all the common and uncontroversial ones should be in.
How about "giving him the business"?

Old 07-28-2009, 05:41 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSkagTrendy
I hope you are right. That would make a big difference and really enhance the authenticity.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »