Home

Thought's on "Fight for Fumble"

This is a discussion on Thought's on "Fight for Fumble" within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Fight 4 Fumble
Yes 74 30.71%
No 108 44.81%
You could take it or leave it. 59 24.48%
Voters: 241. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-28-2009, 09:02 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Thought's on "Fight for Fumble"

I like it as stated above at least you have a chance to recover a fumble without it being one persons scoops and that is it.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:04 PM   #10
MVP

drae2's Arena

OVR: 13

I really like it. To me, it makes it more realistic because you're actually doing something to try and get the ball back. To me, that's cool.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:06 PM   #11
MVP

DGuinta1's Arena

OVR: 29

What bothers me is when it's obvious as to who's ball it should be, then a pile on emerges only for the ball to be determined by how well you button mash.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2009, 09:09 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 10

I like the idea of it but I keep hearing people say on these forums that they lose the F4F every single time even on all-pro. Haven't heard of one success story on all-madden either.

What I think the devs should not do is make the CPU "mash" its buttons faster as it goes up in difficulty. Basically, I think the speed that the CPU mashes its buttons should be the same from rookie to all-madden.

What should change is the buttons you have to press. I know the buttons that you have to mash changes every few seconds during the pileup. For example, on rookie and pro, you should only be required to mash X/A (ps3/360). On all-pro, you should be required to mash one of the 4 face buttons X, square, triangle, circle/ A, X, Y, B. And finally, on all-madden the L1 and R1 buttons could be incorporated. You see what I'm saying?
Old 07-28-2009, 09:11 PM   #13

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

I'll probably turn it off.

For one thing, the button mashing "mini game" doesnt allow you to even watch the cut scene. Youre too focused on the buttons changing.

I'd rather just let it be a random thing or use the old system.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:18 PM   #14
Rookie

Old Mr T's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I voted no. I'm all for fumble pile ups and such, but I don't like being thrown into a button mashing mini-game. While it would be cool for head to head use, maybe, I see very little point in having it vs the cpu.

I'll turn it off once I get the game.
I agree, button mashing just doesn't work for me.......in any form.

I like the fumble pile scenario though and I like the fact that EA are giving gamers more gameplay options.

One brief look on any game forum will tell you that people have vastly different gaming preferences so the more options the better. All developers/publishers should let gamers customise the game to their liking.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:21 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 24

Haven't won one yet. Even when I had the best chance at winning one (I clearly had the ball). But, when it starts, I'm just kind of lazy with the button mashing from the beginning, and it's downhill from there.

Fight For The Fumble: On/Off
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2009, 09:32 PM   #16
Rookie

WingWest36's Arena

OVR: 3

I've had the fumble mimi game happen to me occasionally. I like the feature because you have work hard pressing the buttons, but different face buttons appear at random making it harder for the user to get possession. I can live with this feature in the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »