Home

Thought's on "Fight for Fumble"

This is a discussion on Thought's on "Fight for Fumble" within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Fight 4 Fumble
Yes 74 30.71%
No 108 44.81%
You could take it or leave it. 59 24.48%
Voters: 241. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-28-2009, 08:38 PM   #1
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41
Thought's on "Fight for Fumble"

Now that demo has been out for a couple of days. Well, let me say sorry for the quys that haven't gotten a chance to play it. Based on the demo I really think this year is going to be great.

Back on topic, now that the demo has been out for a couple of days I wanted to talk about the "F4F" feature and what you guys think.

Let me start by saying how frustrating that old system was in every other Madden to this point. You guys now what I'm talking about. Your player fumbles and you're the only one around when out of now where the opposing player happens to come in the are without touching the ball. And then, then it happens. The ball starts to move right into the D's feet and hands, like he's using his Jedi skills to bring the ball to him without getting near the ball. I hated it. Even after playing the demo for a little and going back to play NCAA10 I couldn't stand how it was done.

Now, don't get me wrong most of the time this didn't happen but, when it's the 4th qtr and you're down late in the game. Well... let's just say I've broken plenty of controllers in my day.

Anyway, back to the F4F feature. I love it. It makes you pay attention to the game at all times. Not that you would be playing cards while your RB hits the hole but, you catch my drift.

What do you guys think? And can we please have a mature conversation about it. If you like it, tell us why. If you don't, tell us why. Don't just say it's stupid or just another gimmick or something smart.

I wasn't going to make it a vote but, this way if you don't feel like saying why or why not you could just vote.

Have at it.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2009, 08:42 PM   #2
MVP

DGuinta1's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Thought's on "Fight for Fumble"

Most definitely going to be turn this off. Like how the gamers are having more options this edition of Madden. Kinda like "tweaking" the .ini files for PC games as far as certain options.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:43 PM   #3
#faceuary2014

ScoobySnax's Arena

OVR: 30

Honestly, I kind of like it, but I will probably turn it off. Playing on All-Madden, I was mashing the hell out of the buttons and even though I got to the ball first, I still came out on the losing end. I just thing that the mechanics need to be changed (in what way? I don't know). The cutscene is great, but I think it should be a "suspense only" feature (meaning that the cutscene starts up and you find out who has the ball when the ref pulls the players off). Also, you can factor in who got to the ball first, ratings etc.
PSN: xxplosive1984
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/os_scoobysnax/profile

Last edited by ScoobySnax; 07-28-2009 at 08:46 PM.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:44 PM   #4
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I voted no. I'm all for fumble pile ups and such, but I don't like being thrown into a button mashing mini-game. While it would be cool for head to head use, maybe, I see very little point in having it vs the cpu.

I'll turn it off once I get the game.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 07-28-2009, 08:49 PM   #5
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I voted no. I'm all for fumble pile ups and such, but I don't like being thrown into a button mashing mini-game. While it would be cool for head to head use, maybe, I see very little point in having it vs the cpu.

I'll turn it off once I get the game.
Nice point. I wonder if it will be turned off of online games.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2009, 08:52 PM   #6
Pro

boooey's Arena

OVR: 14

my guess is that this will be removed in next years game
Old 07-28-2009, 08:56 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 7

i was distracted by the OP's avatar lol. But i didnt get to try the demo out yet. F4F seems like a good idea. I'll have to see it for myself.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:59 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

I love it. I actually have some say in the fumble now. Its not who can get there first anymore. Also, button smashing seems like the only way to do it. Button smashing is the most violent you can do with the buttons, triggers, or analog sticks and the fumble pile ups are the most violent things in football. They kind of go hand in hand.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »