Home

RC Appears Gone

This is a discussion on RC Appears Gone within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2009, 11:54 AM   #41
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: RC Appears Gone

I always take control of my WR cause uh... I like to play the game not watch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2009, 11:55 AM   #42
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Honestly in the redzone towards the corners or back of the endzone is the only place a rocket catch should be attempted not on a bomb fifty yards away. i think if its just a jump ball where the reciever just up straight with a 50/50 chance based on attributes i wouldn't have a issue. I like to control my wr but never RC to catch the ball. on defense i don't look at it as a rocket catch if the player is strafing to get in position. is that in the game where the db is doing the RC.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:58 AM   #43
Pro

lolfalconsbeatu's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFColonel56
I understand.
But I swear to god I can RC on the demo on all pro...I would give a video of me doing it to Ian but I have no way to do so...I have no video phone (man am I behind the times)

But Yes I can RC...But I never wanted to RC to cheat the game. I just wanted to RC to see if it was in the game like others have said when the demo dropped...

So I would RC vs a defense that I selected and knew that I was going to face....
Cover 2= very easy to RC
Cover 3=a lil harder to RC but you just find the hole under the CB
Cover 4=the hardest zone to RC on...I have yet to catch it bc of the hit receved by the WR but I can get the animation

Man= Very hard to RC on IMO...But I have heared others can RC on man very good

Take into consideration that ALL I was trying to do was the Fade RC...........Many others can do Post, Corner, slant out, fade, streak, curl, deep out (the easiest)

But yes guys if the left trigger passing is in the final build everyone will be able to RC on the 360.....But If it isnt in the final build prob about 1 in every 25 games you play online will you see someone RC good (like a pro)

Go to TML and ask if someone can post a video of them RC on all pro......Someone will
I can deal with 1 out of every 25 players i guess lol....

But I hope your wrong for the most part about the RC.

The fact of the matter is that we will see by about Sept. or Oct if it really got taken out. I say Sept or Oct (earliest) because even in the past Madden games, I would play for nearly 2-3 months and NOBODY did it. Once November/December came around it seemed like EVERY elite player, and some average player had it down packed and I had to just pack the madden back up and hope next years version corrected it again.

This is what is so scary about the RC IMO...

People that play online will be looking out for it from day one, and everything will run smooth, until you run into that 1 RC 'Expert' a couple months after the game drops, and it just seems like once you see it after the first time, its non stop.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:12 PM   #44
Pro

OVR: 6

well even if he RC is in the final build it will be way better than the RC in 09....in 09 it seemed as if afer you RC your WR would get super powes and break tackles ....in 10 the D does a very good job at tackling after the catch
Old 07-29-2009, 12:26 PM   #45
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5

Can somebody explain exactly what a rocket catch is?

I know it sounds stupid but I haven't been on any Madden forums for a few years before the last few weeks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2009, 01:10 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody2goody
Can somebody explain exactly what a rocket catch is?

I know it sounds stupid but I haven't been on any Madden forums for a few years before the last few weeks.
It's a sequence of actions that almost ensures completed passes of arbitrary length. Essentially after throwing it they take control of the receiver and trigger a specific catch animation that jumps higher than any of the DB animations so it can't be swatted or intercepted. At least that's how I understand it, I've never done it myself.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:42 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
I always take control of my WR cause uh... I like to play the game not watch.

THANK YOU THANK YOU

Since ive joined this site it seems the overwhelming consensus is that most players would rather watch.

thank you for saying that so much

I want to CONTORL the game not just watch the computer do everything

thank you
Old 07-29-2009, 08:09 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 1

I am the one who made that Mendenhall RC to Big Ben vid and yes it was on All Madden.

I know Ian checks these boards every now and then so if you see this Ian, I made that video and I'm currently working on a continuous RC vid on the All Madden difficulty. And by continuous I mean 10/10.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »