Home

What makes Pro Tack a technology?

This is a discussion on What makes Pro Tack a technology? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 07-29-2009, 08:08 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 21
Re: What makes Pro Tack a technology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryolemon
I think Moody's argument is that it's not dynamic.
My argument is that I want to know where its based if its not just the current tackle system multiplied to handle 3-9 different players. Im playing games where one out of every 6 or so plays seems to engage pro tack. Far to often Pro Tack allows a rather unrealistic outcome. Many times shifting players to get said result.

In essence if your just upgrading a tackle system that has been in place for the last 4 years why come out and sell this as a technology and major game feature. By labeling it that way it leads me to think this was something new added to the game, I dont think im alone in that viewpoint.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2009, 08:13 PM   #26
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SXL
Reach tackle system (2k8).
The difference being the reach tackle system was a totally new feature. It replicated something that happens very frequently in NFL that is still not in Madden. Bringing it up doesn't help prove your point, or discredit mine.

I'm not saying Ian and the Dev's didn't go above and beyond the call when it came down to interaction and sharing. I'm simply saying that I question why those efforts could not have been put toward a explanation of Pro Tack Technology and what it brings to the table.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:16 PM   #27
SXL
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoody
My argument is that I want to know where its based if its not just the current tackle system multiplied to handle 3-9 different players. Im playing games where one out of every 6 or so plays seems to engage pro tack. Far to often Pro Tack allows a rather unrealistic outcome. Many times shifting players to get said result.

In essence if your just upgrading a tackle system that has been in place for the last 4 years why come out and sell this as a technology and major game feature. By labeling it that way it leads me to think this was something new added to the game, I dont think im alone in that viewpoint.
Didnt read my post lol. Thats my whole point. You and the other 95% of Madden players who dont read blogs are gonna think this. More game sales for EA. Its all about money in the end.

NOT FEELIN ME/ FINE/ COST YOU NOTHIN/ PAY ME NO MIND.

JAY Z
Old 07-29-2009, 08:18 PM   #28
JEM
Banned

OVR: 18

Its a " technology " because EA wanted to hype it up. It happens every year.. In reality its just a bunch of finite canned animations that rarely sync up properly to go along with physic defying movements ( able to fall forward all the time no matter what? cmon ).

When the hype machine gets rolling just ignore it because its targeted at the casual fan who doesnt have much insight as to what is going on.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:18 PM   #29
SXL
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoody
The difference being the reach tackle system was a totally new feature. It replicated something that happens very frequently in NFL that is still not in Madden. Bringing it up doesn't help prove your point, or discredit mine.

I'm not saying Ian and the Dev's didn't go above and beyond the call when it came down to interaction and sharing. I'm simply saying that I question why those efforts could not have been put toward a explanation of Pro Tack Technology and what it brings to the table.
Im not trying to discredit you. For what? I was just bringing up back of the box fluff that appears on all games, and thats the first that came to mind. I tottally get what your saying.

Why are people so defensive around here??

JAY Z
Old 07-29-2009, 08:19 PM   #30
SXL
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM
Its a " technology " because EA wanted to hype it up. It happens every year.. In reality its just a bunch of finite canned animations that rarely sync up properly to go along with physic defying movements ( able to fall forward all the time no matter what? cmon ).

When the hype machine gets rolling just ignore it because its targeted at the casual fan who doesnt have much insight as to what is going on.
My point exactly. well said.

JAY Z
Old 07-29-2009, 08:28 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 8

Here is IAN blog on PRO-TAK:http://insideblog.easports.com/archi...o-pro-tak.aspx

somethin i was to bring up in the article
We then built the bread and butter feature to PRO-TAK – which is what we’ve been calling “N-Man Gang tackling” internally. As the name indicates, we can now have a large number of players add on to a tackle once it is already playing. This includes adding on and pushing the tackle in any direction procedurally, and also even if you are powerful enough, immediately knocking everyone over. There is nothing like having nearly half the players on the field involved in a tackle…it’s something that really does change the game. One extra request from Ian and the design team was that we also allowed offensive players to push the guys forward if applicable. This again adds to the ‘game-changing’ moments…you may be tied up fighting at the goal line with no chance at scoring and here comes big Jon Runyan to push everyone into the endzone…it’s a really cool feeling.

based off the demo these bold words are straight lies. one because there videos even my rmoody that tackle dont get added on and two i seen FITZ breaking three tackles
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2009, 08:30 PM   #32
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SXL
Im not trying to discredit you. For what? I was just bringing up back of the box fluff that appears on all games, and thats the first that came to mind. I tottally get what your saying.

Why are people so defensive around here??
I suppose it was just a bad example you gave more than anything. DLine reaching was very big in terms of rushing, it did alot to remove aimless running through the line.

From what I am seeing Pro Tack takes away more from Madden than it gives.

Last edited by RyanMoody21; 07-29-2009 at 08:35 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »